Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting

Den
Grafter

Re: Disconnecting

Hello Andy,
Appreicated your phone call the engineer was very prompt fitted a new faceplace and said he thought the router was to blame as he believed that it couldn't handle the errors and resets that was causing the disconnections, as luck would have it I had an old plusnet router which we tried and as been great for roughly 30 hrs but the this second router as now lost complete wireless so now ps4,  iphone and ipads etc wont work? will have to change back to the first faulty router well both are now faulty have just updated my ticket could you please arrange for another router to be sent out to me.
Thanks in advance and all the assistance you have provided.
Den
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Den.
Umm, that sounds a bit like a load of baloney from that engineer. Something must be causing the errors, there's no such thing as the "router not handling them", whether it's faulty or not is perhaps another question.
Which modem/router is it you had on-line when you were getting disconnects and what was it's firmware version? It might be a simple matter of needing a firmware update.
Which older one do you have that's giving you a more stable connection but you are getting an issue with wireless?
Den
Grafter

Hello Anotherone.
The router I'm using now is the one that had disconnecting issues the firmware is below.

10.2.2.B
not sure about the other one because cant use the ipad as wireless don't work.
Thanks.
Den.
Anotherone
Champion

Ah, right, how old is it?
As it's 10.2.2.B firmware, it won't be the firmware issue that's the cause.
Next time (if) you get a disconnect, can you log into it and on the left hand menu select Technicolor Gateway, then Event Logs below that and do a copy and paste of the entries here in a post. This link should take you directly there via the login screen.
It was pretty obvious from the xDSL Status Test that Joshua did, that your connection has suffered as the sync speed at the time was only just above the FTR (Fault Threshold Rate) and then later Tony commented that since then it had halved.
Can you also post (as soon as is convenient) the current TG582n Full DSL stats - just do a Copy and Paste into a post and we'll see what things are looking like at present.
Den
Grafter

As requested full stats.

Physical Connectivity OK
DSL Connection
Link Information
Uptime: 0 days, 2:01:08
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.1
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 4.512
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 20,33 / 216,87
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,3 / 19,9
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 26,5 / 48,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 20,0 / 8,6
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 2 / -
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 23 / 1.075
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 16 / 2
HEC Errors (Up/Down): - / 3
Anotherone
Champion

That appears to be better than it was, the DS errors are so far very good for the Uptime. Have you had an incoming phone call at all, which might account for the US errors - they aren't large though by any means.  How old was this 582n again?
Den
Grafter

Only had one incoming call this is switched routers.
Thanks.
Den.
Den
Grafter

Since I switched routers should have read lol.
Den
Anotherone
Champion

That's fine then  Wink
You still haven't mentioned how old the TG582n is? I might make another suggestion.
Den
Grafter

Really not sure how old router is probably 12 - 18 months maybe?
Thanks
Den.
Anotherone
Champion

Hopefully you won't get any more disconnects, but it might be worth trying the following to be sure the 582n hasn't got it knickers in a twist somewhere.
In daylight hours at least an hour after sunrise and an hour before sunset, somewhere round the middle of the day is usually good, use the following method to do a graceful disconnect -
Log in to the Modem/Router, in the Internet box, click Disconnect to drop the PPP Internet session (this is not the sync), wait about a minute and then power down the Modem/Router. After about another minute you can unplug it from the line.
Once unplugged from the line, power it up (but not connected to the line) and do a factory reset with the little pin hole in the back.
You will need to redo any network/wireless customisation that you have. Do that next (whilst not connected to the line).
Then Reboot the 582n and check all your settings are as required. Take at least 10 minutes to do all that.
If all is well reconnect to the line. .
(When you re-connect and power up, you may need to Login to the Modem/Router and click Connect to establish a new PPP session).
Post the TG582n Full DSL stats asap afterwards.
Den
Grafter

Anotherone thank you again for your help always very appreciated, will do the following Sunday once again thanks.
Den
Anotherone
Champion

Good luck with it, I'll keep my eyes open for your post.
Den
Grafter

Sorry for the delay in posting been very busy, also had the new plusnet Sagem router so didnt post the old Thomson router with resetted stats.
The Sagem router as been good until today my speeds have dropped to around 1 - 1.5mb download but have not noticed any disconnections yet. When I had the engineer out he replace the bt socket with a new one filter built in version.
Den.