Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnectiions 2 days following

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Disconnectiions 2 days following

Both yesterday afternoon and this afternoon I have lost the internet, my router won't reconnect until it has been rebooted. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my router (Thompson TG585 V8 supplied by PN) or external. Has anyone else had problems.
Yesterday was just for a few minutes, I've no idea today as I've just come home to no connection but re-booted the router and reconnected straight away
Paul
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Disconnectiions 2 days following

Do you happen to know which lights were lit and green on the router prior to turning restarting it? Prior to yesterday your line was solidly connected for a very good period of time:
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
paulgul
Rising Star

Looking from the top and the lights towards you they were green, off, green, green, green
Edit - thats reading left to right
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

That would appear to be the Ethernet light that's going off which would seem most unusual.
Generally speaking, the Ethernet would blink during data transfer. It been off altogether suggests no data, but the other lights being green would suggest you are connected. Whilst this could be the router, or something else entirely, could you confirm if wireless works during this time? Also, if it happens again (with the internet light being solid green), can you try to log in to the routers config page to ensure connectivity between the router and computer.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
paulgul
Rising Star

Tony,
Thanks for the reply, I don't actually use an Ethernet connection - all WiFi, and it was the WiFi I was loosing, that said everything has been working OK since Friday so its probably best left alone. If I get anymore problems I'll make a more detailed note of the lights and report back - fingers crossed it won't happen.
Paul
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It's possible Windows has downloadeded an update which has fixed this for you.
Like you say though, as it's working, leave it and let us know if you have any more problems.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team