cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected at 1AM everyday

MattT

Disconnected at 1AM everyday

as the title says really, it is so precise u could set your watch by it, but my connection drops for a fraction of a second at 1am everyday without fail. it used to b midnight before the clocks went forward recently. it has been doing this for probably 6 months+ now. i have 2 friends, one in liverpool and 1 in london with the same problem, and afaik we dont have any hardware or ISP's in common.
anyone else having this problem or could recommend a fix?
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Disconnected at 1AM everyday

What make and model of router do you have and what version of firmware is installed on it?
If it's easy for you to find out, what hardware/firmware do your friends have?
The other possibility is some time related event (central heating off?) in your homes or neighbourhoods, though that seems less likely in view of the geographical separation.
David
MattT

Re: Disconnected at 1AM everyday

Netgear DG834Gv2, fireware version  V3.01.38.
ive only noticed 1 application so far that it doesnt seem to affect(atleast not enough for me to notice) and that is Counter Strike:Source. im an online gamer and it disconnects me from game if im playin World of Warcraft, it disconnects my MSN messenger, Xfire and Ventrilo server. im guessin the reason i dont get disconnected from counter strike must b something to do with the way that particular game handles packet loss, im guessin it has alot bigger thresh hold than everything else ive mentioned.