cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit Guarantee

puddy
Grafter

Re: Direct Debit Guarantee

I agree other companies manage and my DD are a lot higher than the amount I pay to plusnet
In addition to defaulters on DD you could bill 30 days in advance as BT and most other mobile phone companies do
Now you have no other excuse’s left so let’s have 10 working days setup
puddy
[Moderator's note by Peter (PJ): Fixed white space below message]
nadger
Rising Star

Fifty years ago I had to consolidate my bank current account the hard way but keeping track nowadays is simple.
With phone calls there's a running total on line so nobody should really be shocked by their monthly payment.
Agreed that some other suppliers give a longer notice period for a variable payment but there may not be a way of keeping check on line and they can't assume that people even have internet access.
Mand has given an explanation that seems perfectly reasonable so I, for one, see no reason why PlusNet should start trying to change the entire accounting system with all the problems that could create.
janitor
Grafter

I too have many DD not one of them gives less than 7 days notice, and i have only on one occasion had to use the time given to correct an error, at least two of these DD are for variable amounts each month landline and mobile phone, but it doesn't seem to cause these companies any problems, but i suppose the only answer is if people feel that strongly about it , is to vote with their feet.
puddy
Grafter

Are Plusnet playing the interest rate scam?
just think of all the interest they acru on our money?
Plusnet why do you have a short DD date?  How does it help you? 
puddy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

If you want to waste some more money, try taking Plus Net to court.
A Solicitor has just tried it with BT and Direct Debit, She lost the case
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/west_midlands/7319545.stm

CASE DISMISSED
nadger
Rising Star

None of us know, or can expect to be told, what the payment for calls arrangement is with BT so claiming that PlusNet are running a scam is rather OTT.
The on-line information is there to calculate one's bill and there is, in my opinion, no reason why anyone should get a shock at the size of their bill even if they only get two or three days notice.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

The Women was moaning about attitude with Direct Debits
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,
I think the issue would be more important if it was difficult to get mistakes rectified or money back if we make a mistake but that is certainly not the case. We will always go as far as we can to address any billing issues, and apply refunds or credits as necessary if mistakes are made in our billing systems.
As I've said, if this is something which causes a lot of concern then a PUGIT should be raised and I'll take the feedback to our finance team.
As nadger said though, you can view your bill online for your phone, and raise any issues as soon as you see them rather than waiting for the invoice to be paid, and for broadband you get email notifications of all charges as they happen so again don't have to wait for the invoice.
I deal with the vast majority of Home Phone billing issues in the CSC and have to say they happen very very rarely as the BT Wholesale system is very robust.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: pierre_pierre
The Women was moaning about attitude with Direct Debits

I thought she was complaining about the extra charge for NOT paying by Direct Debit, which I believe BT are increasing from 1st April 2008. Many others do the same of course.  Lips_are_sealed
nadger
Rising Star

I've just read the report and it does amuse me how people always bring we pensioners into their argument.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Mand

I deal with the vast majority of Home Phone billing issues in the CSC and have to say they happen very very rarely as the BT Wholesale system is very robust.

Now your part of BT why do you have 2 days notice when BT give me 10 days notice?
I have asked before why does plusnet have such a short query for DD?
Puddy
ps I for one will not sign up for a home phone from plusnet until you give at least 7 to 10 working days notice
James
Grafter

I think it's highly unlikely that we would change the way that our direct debit payments are operated, especially as it would cause havoc with the Metronet billing system.
Comparing Mobile and DSL operators won't necessarily mean anything as you have no idea of their payment arrangement with their wholesaler.