cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different provider speeds ~ interesting?

Routefinder
Grafter

Different provider speeds ~ interesting?

Hi All
I thought I would check the Thinkbroadband maps speed reports for my area and 4 reports came up as close'ish to me as in distance from the exchange but it is the differences in speed that caught my eye bearing in mind this is a Market2/3 exchange with both Sky and TalkTalk 'there'.
Please see attached clipped screengrab and the reported results of PlusNet compared to AOL and TT, obviously no way of knowing if the PlusNet customer is on 21CN but why are the AOL and TT ones markedly higher speeds than the PlusNet one???  For the record TBB reports my speed as 3Mbps DL and 0.4Mbps UL Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
Routefinder
Grafter

Re: Different provider speeds ~ interesting?

Just did a Speedtest.net test..............................F+ continues almost at the bottom of the class  Sad
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Different provider speeds ~ interesting?

The different provider speeds is just a fluke of the very limited statistics.  I didn't find it interesting and I guess nobody else did because you are talking to yourself on this thread.
If you want to address your speed and whether it can be improved, you should begin by posting your router stats.