Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details from another Netter's router

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Details from another Netter's router

Actually a very non-tec relative!
Back Autumn he had told me of his slow connection, his house being within sight of the exchange, but he was getting under 4000 kb/s.
I suggested that maybe the route to the house followed the local roads, quite circuitous in fact. Offered to have a look sometime and gave him a standard phone to check for noise in meantime. Kitz give distance 335M direct and 1.5kM road.
Went other day, and viewed 585 v8's  DSL data, and was somewhat taken aback: as Profile was 11.7 over 13.9 sync and through put 95% of profile. He thought, then told me, last week there were men delving in the nearby inspection chamber, and had been round about before. Roll_eyes
Can someone look at the attached and comment, please. The hi-lited items seem odd; I'd've expected them other way round!
Angstrom other things should he request a SNR reset from its current  11 db?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
8 REPLIES 8
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Details from another Netter's router

Quote from: lucerne
Angstrom other things ...

Trying to make a small point here?
... should he request a SNR reset from its current  11 db?

I don't see why not.  The sync has been held for over 14 days so anything that happened last week is entirely coincidental.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I don't see a major problem
The data transferred looks OK when you allow for the fact that the sent is in MB and received is in GB
However the fact that the upstream is interleaved and the downstream isn't plus the rather high error seconds could indicate a filter problem causing cross talk between the voice and ADSL signals
Equally if he is, as appears from the usage, a person who has the odd email and  browses the web only I would suggest leaving well alone
Luzern
Hero

Some how the hi-liting has not come out. One thing I was looking out was the d/str bandwidth/max bandwidth, seeming  wrong way round.
OJ: your probably right about usage types. I cannot boast in any way but!!! So may be I'll let sleeping dogs lie. Smiley
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

One thing I was looking out was the d/str bandwidth/max bandwidth, seeming  wrong way round

All that means is that the SN Margin at present is below the target and the bit loading is probably non-optimum - so if a re-sync was done now it would most likely result in a sync at lower speed.
I included 'probably' and 'most likely' in that sentence because the actual result would be determined by conditions at the time - the router stats are an informed guess.
David
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

If you can PM me the username I'll take a look over the line.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The obvious thing to me is that he could safely ask for the upload to be uncapped!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Luzern
Hero

Quote from: chrispurvey
If you can PM me the username I'll take a look over the line.
I'll get in contact asap it being the festive season. Would any other detail do instead?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

a ticket number on the account also works