cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destination Unreachable Code: Communication Administratively Prohibited - HELP

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Destination Unreachable Code: Communication Administratively Prohibited - HELP

It's the public IP that's the critical one. If you look at your OP Dst ip: 87.112.152.197 would have been the one then - which by the way it would have been sensible to redact the last two sets of numbers. Good idea on any future ones you post. The old one is no longer relevant as you won't be on it now.
deejayburnout
Grafter

Re: Destination Unreachable Code: Communication Administratively Prohibited - HELP

Looks like the tech wizards at Plusnet have found out my issue
message from them says the following
I have located the root cause of the speed issues you are faced with at home to be linked with an incorrectly placed provisioning order at your local exchange (between ourselves and our suppliers)
The order in question should have been for an 'upto 8meg' service (the maximum possible at your exchange) but instead was placed on a product called the 'Office 1000'.
This is a very old product that was used back in the 1990's when broadband was evolving from 500kbps services to 1000kbps.

Thanks to [mremoved] who got back to me.
jim:csa
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

That does not correlate with the modem stats you posted earlier which clearly looked like 20CN up to 8Mbps.  It is possible though that the line is otherwise being throttled to deliver 1Mbps DATA speed.
Can you please post...
Current modem stats
BT Whokesale speed test -further diagnostics
Current speed from PN portal
Current TBB BQM - the last one was horrid, looked like exchange congestion or a splitter card problem as per http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,128603.msg1162375.html#msg1162375
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

That's a live BQM there Kevin, and it's not showing any packet loss. To me it just looks like a very heavily used connection.
deejayburnout, previously as we never saw a BTw Performance test so if you can run one, (ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test. Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post (no need to grab an image).
I don't know if the order correcting your provisioning has completed, obviously the test and profile results will show that.
deejayburnout
Grafter

Ok Peeps
thanks for all the pointer and here is what stats i can get for you
Router Stats
Link Information

Uptime: 1 day, 10:56:16
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.1
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 8,096
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/GB]: 5.25 / 28.11
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.1 / 19.8
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 10.5 / 18.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 29.0 / 8.7
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / -
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 3 / 124
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down): - / 0
BTW results
First Page
Download speed 6.47 mbps
Upload speed 0.37 mbps
Ping Latency 54ms
Further Diagnostics
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 6.47 Mbps
Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.
My Live TBB graph

No idea how to get the plusnet portal.

Anotherone
Champion

The Plusnet Portal is your "My Account". This is your Current Line speed (Login required).
As you seem to live pretty damned close to the exchange and those errors are very low, I'd ask for Interleaving to be turned off when CRT are here Monday.
deejayburnout
Grafter

How would that improve my connection?
Isn't interleaving mean to keep a stable and quality connection. Wouldn't that make my connection worse?
Herr is my stats from Plusnet
Telephone number:

Phone exchange:
   KINGLASSIE
Estimated line speed:
   8Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-10-24 16:34:09
Current line speed:
   7 Mb
Anotherone
Champion

Interleaving is a form of error correction, that close to the exchange you are getting no CRC errors, and a mere handful of FEC errors. Interleaving also increases ping time.With Interleaving off, you should see a noticeable reduction in ping time and so your connection should be more responsive. You'll probably get some CRC errors with no Interleaving, but the effect on throughput is unlikely to even be noticeable especially as you should also get the maximum sync speed of 8128 and profile of 7.15
You can always have it turned on again in the unlikely event of it making things worse.
deejayburnout
Grafter

Suppose there is no harm in trying.
Sign me up.
Thanks
Anotherone
Champion

I'm sure one of the Plusnet CRT will see this on Monday and arrange it.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi deejayburnout,
I've placed the order for you now and we should hopefully see this come into effect within the next 4-24 hours. If you can let us know how you get on with this and we'll keep an eye on it.
Anotherone
Champion

That live BQM graphs suggested you are hammering you 20CN exchange quite well with those rising chunks of green.  It could be there's a bit of VP congestion at peak usage.
deejayburnout
Grafter

@ Adam C
Thanks for turning my interleaving off. Let's see how I get on. Is there anywaty to tell? Will I need to reboot my router?
@ Another one.
Will that be men or the exhange ?
Anotherone
Champion

You won't need to reboot, it will disconnect and reconnect automatically - IF it happens. There have been some issues (BTw created) trying to turn off Interleaving on 20CN connections. You'll also know it's happened because your ping will be less.
But don't forget you will also need to cancel your current BQM and start another when it happens, as your IP address will change as I mentioned in reply #15
Is the "men at the exchange" a question related to fixing something? If there is regular congestion it may need to be flagged up, but the system normally does it automatically
deejayburnout
Grafter

Sorry that should be
is that me or the exchange.
stupid auto correct on phone.
is that congestion what i am doing, or is it the exchange as a whole?