Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed BB activation

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Delayed BB activation

Hi again linopizzi,
Sorry to hear that you've seen a few issues with the speeds,  I can confirm that the speed estimates for your line are shown as 62.4mbps to 72.6mbps so you should really see something within this range. Given this I would suspect that there could be issue somewhere along the line so if you haven't seen any change in the speeds or if you're still seeing packet loss, it may be worth raising this with the fault team here.
In addition to this, have you altered the equipment on your side since the engineer installed the BT Modem and (I'm on presuming) the Plusnet router?
linopizzi
Grafter

Hi Andy,
thanks for coming back to no I haven't touch anything. Speed report: last night lowest down 8.83 MB up 3.43 - highest down 37.85 up 18.38.
with continuos up and down in a very small time slot (I guess the duration of a ping to an external server).
Shall I raise a case then? And maybe replace the router after?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi linopizzi,
If you have the same equipment set up as you did when the engineer finished the installation of the service I would say that it's best to get this raised with the fault team so that they can continue investigation. If there has been an alteration in the modem or router being used then I would suggest moving back to the previous equipment to test the connection and see if this resolves the problem.
linopizzi
Grafter

No alteration - my question was - I can have a cisco router, would you recommend to replace the exiting one  to eliminate the problem? I haven't touched anything from the first installation.
I'll raise a ticket
linopizzi
Grafter

Hi Adam tried to open a case online got the message below what does it means?
"Broadband Troubleshooter - Error
There's been a problem
We're sorry, but you can't use the Broadband Troubleshooter to report a fault on your service. Please contact our Support Team for help."
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again,
You could certainly try replacing the router to see if this make any difference to the issue however I would still suggest raising this with the support team before hand to see what comes up in the testing of the line/equipment.
The error you're seeing normally only appears if you already have a fault open but checking your account doesn't show an open fault ticket so this is a bit strange and could well be a one off issue. If you see the error again when raising a fault here I would suggest giving the support team a call and running through the checks with them which will speed up the process a little as the suppler side testing can be raised right away.
The direct number for the support team is 0800 432 0200 if you decide to call this in.
linopizzi
Grafter

Still problems in raising the TT online - can I spend 20 min on the phone waiting for someone to reply???