cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in provision of service switching from SKY (& TalkTalk) to PlusNet

davecullen86

Delay in provision of service switching from SKY (& TalkTalk) to PlusNet

Hi All
I wonder if anyone else is facing the same issue as me?  According to the member of the order updates team I spoke to today its a nation wide issue that is effecting a lot of customers coming from SKY and TalkTalk's networks.
My local exchange has SKY's LLU equipment so I have benefitted of a cheaper rate broadband provision over the length of the contract from Sky.
FTTC has now been made available in my area and I am reported to be able to get up to 79mb down and 19mb up - Great!
I placed my order with PlusNet as I see I can save £10 per month vs upgrading to Fibre with Sky, makes sense!
I recieved an SMS yesterday saying an engineer will be on site to do the telephone switch and fibre socket install on 21st May - Even better!
Now today I have received a SMS from PlusNet which reads:
"We are currently experiencing problems with our wholesale suippliers system that are preventing us from taking over your line.  Unfortunately this problem will not be resolved until the end of July at the earliest"
I called PlusNet straight away and they explained that this means they are unable to provide me phone or fibre until the time where this issue is resolved.  They also said that the system used to do the take over of the line was not designed to move customers from Sky or TalkTalk back to BTs network.
It does not make much sense to me of why the systems were not designed to carry out this task... Surely customers are free to move between supplier any time and this is hardly uncommon?
It seems my only option for fibre is to stay with Sky and pay the additional £10 per month or wait 3 months for PlusNet to have resolved the issues they have.
Its probably worth adding that a friend of mine is also with Sky for his broadband in my area, he ordered fibre from PlusNet before me and has not had any contact explaining these issues, makes no sense!!
Has anyone else had these problems with PlusNet or any other providers?
Cheers
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Delay in provision of service switching from SKY (& TalkTalk) to PlusNet

I was under the impression that the problem was ONLY in going from SKY ( or TT ) Fibre to PlusNet ( or any BTw ) Fibre ( http://community.plus.net/forum/?topic=114106.msg981956 ) . As you say, there are many instances of recent moves from Sky/TT ADSL to PlusNet Fibre. Unless, of course, BTw have broken the system completely in trying to modify it to allow Fibre LLU->Fibre Btw transfers Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

davecullen86

Yea.. Whow knows - very frustrating maybe someone from PlusNet can advise on the exact issue?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The quickest solution is probably for Plusnet to place an order for a new line and get new phone and fibre services provisioned on that.
David
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

That seems to be the only way for a Fibre->Fibre transfer. I would have thought that an ADSL->Fibre transfer was still ok.
I'm surprised one of the DC team hasn't responded...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi davecullen86,
Welcome to Plusnet and our community forums.
I can see your latest update to your ticket so we're going to attempt to place the order again, there should be no issues when provisioned from ADSL to fibre as it stands. There is an issue currently with certain fibre lines migrating to us and this rejecting due to incompatible products. This is something that is currently being worked on.
We'll update your ticket once we get a update from the order that we're about to place.
Chris
NedLudd
Grafter

I have read on the SkyUser site that some fibre to fibre transferees have been switched back to ADSL at the last minute to facilitate the swich over.
Perhaps a sympathetic call to Sky can smooth the transfer?
Geoff,
York.