Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data lost ? !!!

paulcobb
Grafter

Data lost ? !!!

Ticket number 26062748
This morning I found that I was getting a
mysql_connect(): Access denied for user ..
when my application was trying to connect to the database on rumpus.
I could not conect using the MySQL tool either.
I called CS and was told that there no problems with rumpus and the only option was to reset my password and then try to reconnect.
As there seemed to be no option then I reluctantly agreed.
The new information was then relayed to me by email.
The database info was now stating 'humbug' with the same username and a different password.
I sucessfully logged into humbug but only a test table was visible.
This was a 'new database'
I called CS again and was then told that more than likely my original data on rumpus was gone!!
Is this true and how can this happen when your CS agent told me that a password reset was all that was required.
Can someone work some magic - please 🙂
3 REPLIES 3
MickKi
Grafter

Re: Data lost ? !!!

Errm, it can't.  A password change is just that:  changing the password of the same user, who is the owner of the same database tables.  Now, changing the database (i.e. dropping the previous database) will lose you your data.  I assume that both you and hopefully PN keep regular back ups, right?
Mark
Grafter

Hi Paul.
I'll get this checked out when I get in to work.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: paulcobb
I called CS and was told that there no problems with rumpus and the only option was to reset my password and then try to reconnect.
As there seemed to be no option then I reluctantly agreed.
The new information was then relayed to me by email.
The database info was now stating 'humbug' with the same username and a different password.
I sucessfully logged into humbug but only a test table was visible.
This was a 'new database'

Paul, it looks to me like one of our support analysts mistakenly reconfigured the SQL component on your account. I'm really sorry about this, it was done in good faith from what I can tell as it looks like they were trying to fix your original problem.
AFAIK, we only replicate databases between two servers so I'm not sure where we stand from a backup point of view. I'll drop you a PM.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵