Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dailymotion not working on plusnet

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Dailymotion not working on plusnet

Same issue since last month, one thing to note it roughly coincided with my snr reset and interleaving on the 16th april
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
dannystokie
Grafter

I'm having  issues with them to.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Just followed the link (twice) and the video ran each time.
Electroman

I am also having problems with daily motions videos not working.
steveuk
Grafter

Just tryed for the hell of it and works fine for me here
Electroman

Just checked daily motion on my pc and that seems to work. I couldn't get it to work on my ipad though. There is an ipad app so perhaps that would work.
Electroman

Just used the ipad app of daily motion and it won't play any videos.
booji
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I have had the same problem for the last few days.
videos dont play as well as the whole site being sliggish, taking ages to load.

Tried on 3 different pc's on win7 win8 and xp on IE, firefox and chrome.

are you sure its not just plusnet who are having problems. I googled "dailymotion playback error" and didn't get much yet googleing "dailymotion plusnet" got me to this link.
I suppose I have to try on a different ISP to see if I get the same.

EDIT: Tried a video using plusnet ISP on laptop, video would not play or got error message, web page sluggish. Used same laptop to connect to my mobile phone (using wireless tether) on vodafone, videos and web pages are fine.

Looks like its a Pusnet problem. Sort it out. I'm getting pretty sick of the service I have got since signing up to FTTC. Wish I had stuck with my old ISP and ADSL.
My old ISP customer service was poor but at least the ADSL service worked. Plusnet customer service I can't fault but so far my experience with the connectively (and the time it takes to correct) seems abismal.

between1and16ch
Grafter

Similarly to the other reports in this thread - when it works at all it keeps buffering and then usually bails out with the above '2116' error message.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Everyone could try checking which gateway they are on, in case this problem, if there even is one within Plusnet, only affects certain gateways.
between1and16ch
Grafter

You are currently connected to gateway ptw-ag04.
This is located in Telehouse West.
booji
Grafter
Fixes: 1

It might be a dailymotion problem but I doubt it.
If everyone in the UK with connection to Dailymotion had a problem then I'm sure Dailymotion would be onto it as there would be lots of complaints from various ISP users.
So far it seems to be an issue exclusively with plusnet.
Seems to me to be a plusnet problem. So it's time for them to stop playing the blame game and sort the problem out.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I am also having problems to, navigating to the site take about 30 seconds , some video will not load at all, and other will take a long time to buffer.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GringoFrenzy

I get the same problem as all of the above users.  First noticed it a couple of weeks back maybe?  But I don't tend to use DailyMotion much so thought nothing of it.
Initially I noticed the issue in Firefox v20.0.1 (my default browser), and I get very intermittent mixed results;  sometimes it constantly says "waiting for www.dailymotion.com"; when I first try to browse to the site, followed by a 'connection reset by server' message.
Other times it connects in straight away and I can search for videos quick as a flash, but when I click a search result to view the video, it says 'now playing' in the preview/thumbnail, but the page never progresses to the next step.
OR
The video's main page loads, along with all content and the box for the video, but all I get is the dailymotion logo in a black box where the video should be.
If I use IE10 instead, I still get the same issues but with less frequency.  I have also had videos stopping after a few seconds and giving the "Ooops!" error that others have reported.
**Sometimes** in both browsers, if I refresh the page, it kicks things back into life again for that one video.
Another thing I noticed is that popular videos seem to be less problematic than obscure ones.
To be honest all of these issues sound like problems with the DailyMotion servers, **BUT** just like others, if I tether to my mobile phone (on Three) I can browse all the videos without any of these hiccups.
If it helps, I am currently connected to gateway pcl-ag07.
This is located in City Lifeline House.
between1and16ch
Grafter

I did a little research and found with e.g. 'dailymotion buffering problem' as a search term, and I can see that there are a fair number of reports of this problem from users in general
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121202153556AAYCagy
was interesting enough an idea that I tried clearing my cache in Firefox, and found that it did work for a while and then returned again.
It may have been coincidence, too, or it may that there are a number of issues combined, but that was by far the best performance that I got from DM today.
Edit; I tried clearing the cache a second time in Firefox and this time I have watched several videos with only occasional buffering - so the cache clear does appear to help the symptoms for me.