Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL keeps dropping

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: DSL keeps dropping

Those graphs show periods of good stability. I suggest that you need to look at corelating the use of electrical equipment with the times that the plots go haywire. When you see the graph doing what's shown, do quite line tests.

There could be a marginal problem with the line, but rather looks like a REIN problem.

Can you please post a full set of stats from the router.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Testing your broadband connection, it looks like DLM is sacrificing speed for stability.

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 7.8 14.5
SNR Margin: 22.0 16.1
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 9189829 17210902
Speed: 603 14981

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 18176 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 14541
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 1544 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 63
Indicative Line Quality: A Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 10

If you've been through the checks here then I'd advise getting this raised up to us as a fault at http://faults.plus.net as it's likely we'll need to arrange an engineer.

All I ask is you don't raise the fault before 5pm as our suppliers are currently performing maintenance on their systems so the fault may not raise or get stuck. Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Demp01
Hooked

i have noticed extremely high latency on my line regularly over 1000, is this connected to my problem?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Can you advise how your testing the latency?

The line has interleaving on which can increase ping times but not to that extent.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team