cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL conncention down

Davvid

DSL conncention down

Since Saturday my DSL connection is down - I turned my laptop on in the evening and it simply didn't work... and still doesn't.
I have called Plusnet customer service and I was advised to try to change ADSL filter and if that didin't helped unscrew the socket box and plug the phone cable into the main socket - none of these worked.

Another phonecall and I was told I need to wait 24 hours for line check and so I called next day to find out that line check failed twice and now I need to wait 72 hours for technical team to asses the problem - I was told that by this time my problem should be solved, if not than the technicians will at least now the cause of it.

After three days the connection is still down and still no one called me from Plusnet. I contacted with customer service and got told that now I need to test my connection on a different router. I was advised to borrow one from a friend - unfortunately I can't think of anyone who could borrow me this device. In response to that I got told that a "test router" will be sent to me by post but that can take few weeks.
This situation is just ridicoulus, I am paying my bills in time for something like that? I understand that there might be a technical issue that will require some time to deal with but after four days there is no progress and no deadline set! That is just incompetent!!! I'm seriously considering switching providers.
In the meantime please solve my problem...
There was no physical damadge to any of the network components, networks works fine, connection with router can be estabilished, phone connected to the same line works. After accesing router via webbrowser it says that DSL conncection is down.
1 REPLY 1
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: DSL conncention down

Hi Davvid,
Don't understand someone telling you weeks for a test router. I've arranged for one to be dispatched so that should be with you in a couple of days. Let me know when you've tested it and I'll get the fault picked up.
Jojo Smiley