cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Light Out Due To Service 'Upgrade'?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: DSL Light Out Due To Service 'Upgrade'?

the order to revert back to Fixed 2 Mbps was cancelled

Hmm, I'll go find who did that and educate them :mand:
Do you want to stay on MaxDSL or switch back to the 2Mb product?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
willscott
Dabbler

2Mb worked
8Mb doesn't
If I revert back to 2Mb, and find that it's not working, then I guess that something else was 'broken' during the upgrade.
As for hearing noise on the line, I don't have a phone, so I couldn't tell you. The only reason I have a line is for broadband.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Right, I'll go place another order for you, this will complete tomorrow morning.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
willscott
Dabbler

Cheers, that's great, but meanwhile if someone could tell me why I'm not able to connect, when my line apparently supports 8Mbps, I'd be grateful. I am assuming that in order to upgrade my service hardware is changed at the exchange end, but is there anything else that should be done too, such as software/profile changes?
I bought a Philips modem/router on Sunday, knowing I can easily return it to ASDA, just to see if my 2 Linksys devices were at fault. It exhibited the same behaviour. Although the status page shows it can achieve 8Mbps, the DSL light constantly flashed, and it wouldn't login.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Out of curiosity, how's the Philips modem/router connected to your computer, Ethernet or USB?
paulby
Grafter

From your stats there is nothing wrong with the physical connection to the exchange - you're syncing at 8128 which is the highest possible on Max.  
It looks like there's a fault, possibly at PN's end, with the user name and password settings as your not being assigned an IP address and, if that's the case, reverting back to 2meg won't make a difference.
Has Jameseh had a look at things as per his previous post?  May be worth dropping him a PM?
willscott
Dabbler

Quote from: Anotherone
Out of curiosity, how's the Philips modem/router connected to your computer, Ethernet or USB?

Wireless, although when I took the screenshots, it was via Ethernet to my laptop
willscott
Dabbler

Quote from: Paul03
From your stats there is nothing wrong with the physical connection to the exchange - you're syncing at 8128 which is the highest possible on Max.  
It looks like there's a fault, possibly at PN's end, with the user name and password settings as your not being assigned an IP address and, if that's the case, reverting back to 2meg won't make a difference.
Has Jameseh had a look at things as per his previous post?  May be worth dropping him a PM?

Paul, I have access to another PN account in another location. I reconfigured the modem to connect using my home account details, and it connected no problem, and used my static IP address, so I conclude that there isn't a problem with my username/password.
zubel
Community Veteran

Moderators Note
I've just confused myself reading about this here
I'm going to lock this thread in favour of the other as they're both about the same thing - no point having discussion in two places Smiley
If you have any objections, let me know.
B.