cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'DSL Down' | New customer extremely bad experience so far

sp3nc3r41

'DSL Down' | New customer extremely bad experience so far

An engineer came today after signing up for and paying for a full years service with Plusnet.

He left saying your service will be active in 20 minutes, as i suspected 20 minutes later it was not. Later received a separate email from Plusnet stating my broadband service was active (was still not working). Also another strange email stating i had not ordered a router (it was posted to me 3 days before) and here are some login details, to what it didn't make clear.

I left it plugged in all day no change. Solid green power light, solid green wifi light, broadband light flashes consistently green. No connection.

After an hour on holdly i get through to a less than useful advisor, who's name i wished i had now got. Advising to do all the usual checks. It then becomes clear the BT engineer had taken the adsl filter with him for some unknown reason, to which the advisor was insinuating i was making things up and he had no reason to take it. Well my flat is currently empty due to just moving in, im quite OCD and it was all neatly in the box next to the socket ready for the engineer. Unless this spontaneously combusted then the engineer picked it up. The advisor seemed more interested in arguing with me about this than trying to help. So after hanging up due to no intelligent response, i went to the shops and got another ADSL filter.

I have spent over an hour taking apart both the main sockets and trying the test socket and even all the other sockets with still no connection. So i tried again via the chat support, long story short i was told to do everything i had just done and its still not working. I'm currently back on the phone to support and have been on hold for 40 minutes so far. In the meantime Plusnet you have the cheek to send me a text stating that a charge of £65 may be incurred if the error is internal. Despite having done nothing or suggested anything else to help! Seems you are happy now you have all my money and given me no service. 

I will be writing a complaint to Ofcom with a detailed explanation.

In the meantime, what do i actually have to do to get some help!? - This is also impacting my work as i working solely via the internet.

Regards,

Luke

1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: 'DSL Down' | New customer extremely bad experience so far

Hi Luke,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Rather sad to hear your sorry tale.  I think this needs to start at the beginning, that is some basic checks.  How do you know that DSL is down, rather than just a matter of not being able to get PPP up?

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Note if this service is so important for your work, then I trust that this is NOT a residential service - not only is it not allowed under the T&Cs you agreed to, residential services have a 72 hour (typical) repair time from BTOR, whereas business grade services tend to be next working day.

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/ [Plusnet Standard Terms]

2.1.3. use the services for personal use in the UK (so don't use the services to run your own business, but a couple of work emails or occasional home working are okay) and in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy;

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.