cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Connection Down

marrabob1982

DSL Connection Down

My connection dropped suddenly over a week ago, tried every troubleshoot and tip going, nothing. Logged in to my router checked all that tried to reconnect, nothing. All it says is my DSL is down. I reported it to Plusnet, BT Open Reach have said they've checked the line upto my house and can't find a problem. I have an appointment for an engineer to get into my property next week to check. Now I've checked my sockets (haven't took anything apart I might add) I've checked internal wiring I tried another router just incase which still didn't work. Any ideas what issue is likely to be or any fix that I might not have discovered? It was working one minute then nothing. This happened a day after I paid my bill as well so not impressed I've had no service!
4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: DSL Connection Down

Does the phone work?

marrabob1982

I don't have a phone the line is just there for Internet, I might have to buy a cheap one just to try it
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Yes, it will help determine where the fault is, and get the right engineering people involved.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there @marrabob1982

First of all I'd just like to welcome you to the community forums and I am sorry to hear you are unable to connect to the internet. I've reviewed your account and I can see you've an engineer booked in for tomorrow morning.

Please feel free to let me know how this goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet