Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS problems?

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: DNS problems?

I would suggest using the ping command with any of those IP addresses, to avoid any confusion with web browser caches, or failing to load things on the page from other URLs etc.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm pretty confident that it's not our DNS at fault for 2 months! If it was we'd be inundated with calls and tickets about it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chrisclark91
Grafter

Just a quick update to this whole problem:
Currently in the middle of a fault and an engineer appointment being arranged, but today I seem to have made some sort of connection to these drop outs although they could be coincidences.
They seem to only happen when I'm online gaming.. (Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory). Around 1-2 pm today I was playing Diablo 3 and my net dropped twice in like 15 minutes while playing so I gave up trying to play any games, my net was then fine if I remember correctly up until around 12:30 am when I decided to fire up Guild Wars 2, I played for literally 5 mins before my connection dropped again.
If this wasn't a coincidence, why would my connection be dropping during online gaming only? I would guess a router issue or something but I've already had a replacement sent to me and it makes no difference, albeit it's the exact same model.
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Connection dropouts are one thing, but I think this thread started off on the wrong foot by suspecting DNS as the problem.
Mathew