Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS issue?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: DNS issue?

You haven't given your old router to someone else have you?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
sullyc

Funny you should say that as yes, I did setup my old modem for my Mum In January about the first time this issue occurred. I did also change the account details to her plusnet account at the time but perhaps these weren't saved properly and its reverted to my account on a power off and this has caused this issue. Just phoned her and whereas she usually connects on demand she thinks it's probably been up all this week (the time I have had the issue). She's disconnecting now which will presumably sort the issue until I pop round to verify/ reconfigure the modem?
Have changed my password anyway so go ahead please Carl if that other session is still active, and many thanks.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Log in to her account and have a look at her usage - if she has none you have your answer.
sullyc

My Mum remember her login details? Wink This is going to be the fun bit when I pop round on Sunday to set up her modem, properly this time. 99.9% percent sure we've got the scenario - as soon as she disconnected and I reconnected my service was trouble free. Thanks again Carl, and everyone else who helped on the way.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Actually - thank you.
I've got a router I borrowed from a neighbour when a firmware update went wrong on mine. I must take my username and password out before I give it back! Cheesy
dieselglider
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Glad to hear it's now working.  Also good of a Plusnet rep to take a nosey and get to the bottom of it.  Cool
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: sullyc
Have changed my password anyway so go ahead please Carl if that other session is still active, and many thanks.

The other session disconnected at 15.04, looks like it was your mum lol  Hopefully things should be fine again!
Carl