Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM not working? My SNR Margin is stuck at 12db

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Re: DLM not working? My SNR Margin is stuck at 12db

Oh BUMMER!
At around 23:30 tonight my Router re-synced at 6368Kbps @ 12db SNR Margin  Cry
Joanne, Could you do a Line Test and tell me if there is still a fault on the Line.  The Router and Dect Master are still connected to the Test Socket so I am happy to get Openreach out again if there is a fault showing. It has been VERY wet here so it is possible that the Joint in the manhole is waterlogged.
p.s. My Telephony is transferring to PlusNet soon so that may help you to fix it for me,
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: Wheel_nut
It has been VERY wet here so it is possible that the Joint in the manhole is waterlogged.

Based on my own experience, that would give you an audibly bad phone line as well as broadband problems.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Robin,
I'm sorry to hear that. The best thing you can do is to update your fault ticket to that effect. I'm afraid running a line test will only tell me what you already know, so it would really need the faults team to investigate to take it further for you. I can always nudge them along if there were any delays but they'll be the best port of call to get the resolution you want.
Jojo Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Is there any noise on the telephone (try 17070 option 2)? if there is try with just a (wired preferably) telephone plugged in to the test socket without a filter. If that is still noisy it gives a strong pointer to the cause of your problems.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
I'm sorry to hear that. The best thing you can do is to update your fault ticket to that effect. ............., so it would really need the faults team to investigate to take it further for you. I can always nudge them along if there were any delays but they'll be the best port of call to get the resolution you want.
Jojo Smiley

Hi Joanne,
I can only see three open questions and those are the ones raised by the Cancellations team. I cannot close those. I don't know if the fault ticket has been closed because I can't see it and I can't raise a NEW ticket because of the 3 Cancellations tickets open1  Huh
I have called Primus and they have done a Line Test which was clear. They have passed the case to their Faults investigations team who will report back in 48hours.
How can I update the Ticket?
R