cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLINK DIR-615

ravi9482

DLINK DIR-615

Can anybody please advise whether DLINK DIR-615 is compatible with plusnet broadband as I am facing problem configuring this router.
9 REPLIES 9
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: DLINK DIR-615

Hi ravi9482,
That router should work fine on a Plusnet connection. What problems are you having specifically?
Please ensure you have the following:
*username*@plusdsl.net - Broadband Username
password - Broadband Password (will be the same as your account password)
VPI: 0
VCI: 38
If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know Smiley
ravi9482

Thanks Chris for your reply.
I recently had a new connection from Plusnet and tried to configure DLINK DIR 615.I was provided this router three years ago when I was with Virgin so I thought of using this router than to buy a new one.
When I connect it to an ASDL filter,the 'internet' light is off. An engineer came today and he said that your broadband from exchange is working fine.
I tried with another ASDL filter but didn't work. I used dynamic IP and PPPoE methods but not working.
Should I buy a new router and if so ,which is the best compatible router.
Thanks.
dick:quote
x47c
Grafter

I thought the 615 was a cable router only - not an ADSL combined modem/router for a BT type telephone line?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It is.
Another case in support of my campaign to call a modem/router a gateway rather than a router.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Quote from: ravi9482
Thanks Chris for your reply.
I recently had a new connection from Plusnet and tried to configure DLINK DIR 615.I was provided this router three years ago when I was with Virgin so I thought of using this router than to buy a new one.
When I connect it to an ASDL filter,the 'internet' light is off. An engineer came today and he said that your broadband from exchange is working fine.
I tried with another ASDL filter but didn't work. I used dynamic IP and PPPoE methods but not working.
Should I buy a new router and if so ,which is the best compatible router.
Thanks.
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]

Firstly you have my apologies, I must have been looking at a similar ADSL D-Link Router. You are going to need an ADSL/ADSL2 Router for you type of connection. I would strongly advise taking a Technicolor Router from ourselves, I've got one here at home and it works fantastically. If you'd like one I'm sure we can get one sent out to you free of charge, on a 12 month deferred contract Smiley
ravi9482

Thanks Chris.
I am planning to buy Netgear Wireless WNR1000 N150 cable router. Will it work with plusnet broaband.Mine is not fibre optic.I am in Glasgow(G20).
Cheers.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Strat
Another case in support of my campaign to call a modem/router a gateway rather than a router.

Smiley  Smiley Sorry Dick, I'm going to disagree with you. I think people should refer to them as Modem/Routers because that is what they are, just calling them Routers is lazy and as we can see sometimes confusing.
If necessary, in some situations, one could be more specific by saying "DSL Modem/Router" (or ADSL if you wish), as opposed to "Cable Modem/Router".
AxeMurderer
Grafter

I am planning to buy Netgear Wireless WNR1000 N150 cable router. Will it work with plusnet broaband.Mine is not fibre optic*.

No it won't. You need an ADSL modem/router. Like the Technicolor one that Plusnet will give you sort of free (i.e. you don't have to pay for it unless you leave Plusnet within 12 months).
grudkin
Grafter

As stated by other posters the WNR1000 is a cable only router!
Plusnet provide broadband over a telephone line via ADSL/ADSL2+, This requires a router with an integrated ADSL modem.
Plusnet currently provide the TG582n ADSL Modem/Router and it is NOT locked and can be used with any other ADSL ISP in the future if you decide to leave Plusnet at a later date.
Plusnet will provide the TG582n ADSL Modem/Router for a one off payment of £40 + £4.99 postage or alternatively Plusnet will provide the TG582n Modem/Router free on a 12 month deferred contract + £4.99 Postage, This means you will only have to pay the £40 for the TG582n if you leave Plusnet before the 12 month deferred contract has elapsed!
I can heartily recommend the TG582n Modem/Router as mine is working great.  Grin
It is performing better than any other ADSL Modem/Router that I have tried to date.  Wink