cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISASTROUS service... almost a month without broadband... use BT instead

hypnoboy
Grafter

Re: DISASTROUS service... almost a month without broadband... use BT instead

I am currently awaiting my tenth yes TENTH OR engineer. They keep leaving my property stating everything has been fixed and is now ok. Yet 24 hours later, 900+ errors on my line which means my Internet is unusable.
Plusnet have been great on this occasion, and have been kicked OR to pull their finger out, yet today I have a niggling feeling that the engineer may be a no show. Call it a hunch.
10th time the charm? Or just they do not like to work and get problems fixed. OR are a bloody disgrace and I have said so in an email to head office which is why it has been escalated, yet the problem persists. Since the day it was installed. Well over a month ago.
Wish me luck  Roll_eyes
Craig
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Keep us updated on how it goes Craig.
James
Grafter

Hi Craig,
Jamie's passed me your email so I'm aware of your case.
There isn't much more I'm afraid as from my point of view, Luke seems to be doing a good job keeping you informed and "applying pressure" on Wholesale (who in turn speak with Openreach).
Really sorry this has taken a ridiculous amount of time and engineers to resolve.
Finguz
Grafter

Sadly BT are a total disaster!
We ( myself and a couple of other Plusnet customers who live locally ) had an issue where our line speed would drop down below 1MB for most of the day and it took around four weeks to be sorted out. Two weeks for BT to admit there was a problem in the first place and a further two weeks for them to send another engineer out ( 3 had previously been sent to my address, although one didn't bother to turn up ), this time to the exchange to replace a broken line card which fixed the issue.
It has to be said that, although a bit slow to get going, Plusnet were great once they got up to speed.
I do think, however, that some changes need to be made in how Plusnet communicates with BT and vice versa, because at the moment very little useful information seems to be forthcoming.
gree0115
Rising Star

I have a friend who has a business service with BT. His broadband was off for over 6 weeks just after Easter this year. I turned out to be a networking routing fault in the switching equipment at the exchange. So in Plusnet's defence it was no quicker being with BT as the service provider.
PavZ

3 MONTHS AND 5 DAYS since I logged my issue with Plusnet. 3 engineer visits, dozens of phone calls, updates on email and automated replies from Plusnet. No change or improvement in service on  my side as far as I can tell..
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you modify your first post in this topic you can change the title to reflect how long your issue has been going on.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mathias
Grafter

That's shocking mate, sorry to hear of the length of your downtime. Think it's OR who are primarily to be blamed. Their service on the whole seems poor, with lots of excuses and little effective action and often incompetent engineers who miss diagnose issues.
However Plusnet need to do more to update the customer and take action themselves to escalate as much as possible and keep chasing OR for action and complain when poor service occurs. They need to work a bit harder for their customers too.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi PavZ,
We've received confirmation that work has commenced and the fault has now been fixed. Is this the case for you?
v70ben
Grafter

I found a call to the Openreach boss directly resolved an issue I previously had with OR and a plusnet fttc install.
It worked! They don't like receiving calls.
semail

Care to share the details ; name and number for further use?
v70ben
Grafter

BT headquarters switchboard number - 020 7356 5000
Requires some social engineering...
Look up the current guys name... Then say ahh good morning xyz name please.  If asked what it's about say xyz name knows what its about and I'm afraid I can't discuss it with you.
Or if asked if xyz is expecting your call.. answer yes...
Poncy voice and attitude. . Works a treat.