Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-link 2640B port-forwarding problems

nexus

D-link 2640B port-forwarding problems

Hello,
I am trying to port-forward ports for my security cameras  using a DVr

Ok, I'll be a bit more specific...
Problem: Will not port forward, and DMZ does not work.
I am trying to view my security Cameras remotely and. I enter my DVr ip address to port forward  the ports.
I did all the steps in port forwarding, assign static IP address set ports and proper TCP/UDP protocols. Tried to reboot and test,(not sure if you have to reboot everytime) the ports are still closed. I also have a question about some of the settings in the port forwarding menu. There is a input box for -REMOTE IP- I do not know what to enter in that field.
I have the latest firmware firmware..
I feel I must be doing something wrong has I got in touch with d-link support and he told me that some features were not working, he couldn't access the router remotely, I assumed that it was faulty, But I had another one and it is doing the same, Am i missing something or do ip providers lock-out certain fuctions of the router they supply.
I also have borrowed a friends one which he has not used still in the box and that is exactly the same problem,
I have also done a few searches and it would seem that they are flawed.
Thanks. Any help/Advice would be greatly appreciated

8 REPLIES 8
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: D-link 2640B port-forwarding problems

Have you disabled the plusnet firewall on your connection? It's Broadband Firewall in Connection Settings in the member centre.
Otherwise the incoming connections will be getting dropped before they reach your router, and it would also explain why d-link support couldn't access your router.
nexus

Hello,
No, That was the first thing I checked..... Thanks anyway, I can understand One being faulty but two Is taking the Pi**
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

See the manual at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/449229/DSL-2640B_Manual_2.0.pdf
It's a couple of MB - but too big to attach.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

nexus

Thanks for that, I have entered them in correctly and applied them too,
What I am trying to do is view my security cameras remotely (ie from outside my netork)
I have just bought a DVr  with networking capability I need to port-forward - Open two ports 9000 for the video stream and 80 which is the http port, I have applied and save in the ADSL setup, I have rebooted so many times that my speed has dropped because they think my router keeps on resetting, (plusnet please resync)
I have tried another brand new 2640 router which is exactly the same. they both were supplied my ISP ( not sure if any of the fuctions were disabled???
VileReynard
Hero

I've got one in the cupboard - got it from Plusnet but the wireless function packed up after 18 months.
I did port forward on one port (for P2P) and it worked perfectly. Fairly certain that PN hadn't messed with anything.
Have you tested a camera internally to your network?

nexus

I know they didn't..... I was with madasafish before I swapped over to plusnet.... ( I know it the same company ) Ihave only been with them since Monay..., I was only repeating was I was told from a D-link tech guy.
The trouble is I most likely have to get another router and I don't want to get another 2640B for obvious reasons.
My brother swears by Netgear, I myself have always used D-link,???
I was thinking about dir-655 but then I would have to get a modem as well.....
VileReynard
Hero

If you get a Netgear, consider one with the broadcom chipset, not the Connexant chipset.
This probably means you would be looking at second-hand ones.
The earlier ones allow user control of the noise margin and graphical analysis of the ADSL frequency spectrum - via a free Windows program.
These functions are also accessible via telnet for other OS's.
I have a Netgear Connexant DG834Gv5 - the later model.
Netgear are generally quite good though.

nexus

you can use the same windows software on the D-link 2640B,
I'm not sure what router to buy yrt?Huh
Everything is ok apart from the port-forwarding the DMZ.