cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Cut and pasted' standard support replies

martnal

'Cut and pasted' standard support replies

I've been wondering how many other users experience the same frustration from support as I do. I have a couple of issues as follows:
I've worked in IT for 25 years, and I think any of my requests for support probably reflect my experience. I do get very frustrated when I start a new support request with "I have read the support advice.", only to receive a list of cut and pasted up links to information that I've already read. There seems to be a little experience on the support desk beyond pointing me at a list of F A Qs.
Secondly, again from many years' experience, I accept that it isn't always possible to have follow-up questions answered by the original respondent. However I do get frustrated when somebody picks up an open call, and answers it, clearly without having read the previous history. The number of times I have to have someone have a third or further go because the second respondent hasn't read the history is just unbelievable.
Following the Spam fiasco, I really am on the verge of looking for a new provider, having had inadequate support in overcoming a gross problem of their making. If I could go to bed tonight and wake up with a new provider,  I would be very happy. It's only apathy and the inconvenience that stops me making more effort, but if course they rely on that.
Any similar tales?
Best wishes,
Martin
http://www.martinhwatson.co.uk/puzzle_news.html
Martin H. Watson
7 REPLIES 7
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: 'Cut and pasted' standard support replies

Lots....
The issues of CS agents not reading tickets has a long history, although PN are trying to reduce this to a minimum. I have on several occasions asked CS to re-read (or even actually read) my replies again and answer correctly and this has been raised within PUG on several occasions.
You will never get rid of it due to the pressures involved in working in CS and in some cases the targets CS agents are given. Like all industries you get good and bad and PN want to hear about bad ticket replies so the agents concerned can be 'educated'. Posting the ticket No. in question would help in this matter.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
As Peter says, whilst we aim to read and accurately respond to every ticket, there are sometimes mistakes made, or tickets not read correctly.
We rely on your feedback and our own monitoring processes to pick up these instances, and eradicate them if possible.
I've passed your feedback on and answered the ticket for you, hopefully my response will help. 
If not, or if you have any further questions, just shout up. Smiley
Mark
Grafter

Hi Martin.
I am sorry that you feel we did not respond to your question correctly, however, having reviewed the responses given by my colleagues I am to be honest struggling to find fault with any of the replies.
I realise that you have stated that you have read the support pages at great length, however if you carry out the actions outlined in the information our analysts have linked to, you will resolve your issue and have your questions answered.
That said I will ask one of my colleagues to retierate the information for you in the ticket and hoepfully we can provide the level of detail you seek.
As Peter stated, we are aware that our ticket responses have been inadequate in the past and I have no doubt that we will make a few mistakes in the future. I will always throw my hands up when I see a shoddy response and I will ensure that the necessary action is taken, on this occasion I dont feel it necessary. However if the information in the linked pages is unclear, I'll happily feed that back and have it reviewed.
Hopefully we'll bring this matter to a speedy and successful conclusion.
mapletree
Grafter

I know exactly what you mean, Martin.  However this kind of experience is not unique to PN.  I find it almost everywhere.
M
linux
Grafter

Quote from: Peter
... the targets CS agents are given.

Customer support staff are given targets? That would explain a lot.
James
Grafter

I think that's pretty much commonplace in many Customer Service environments.
The targets aren't silly ones and they allow enough time to provide a good level of support to our customers.
gsport
Dabbler

Yes. Many many times the posted response has clearly shown that the respondant hasnt read what I have written.
In my experience this isnt an "occasional" thing but the norm.
I think it is great that messages like this on the forum get 3 different support responses where they clearly HAVE read your message, but meanwhile support tickets APPEAR to be languishing ignored for days on end....

I have had FLAWLESS email service now for many months, this was achieved simply by moving my domain hosts elsewhere.