cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crippling speeds! from 3mb to 700KB!

Genksy

Crippling speeds! from 3mb to 700KB!

Evening all,
I've been with plusnet for roughly 2 weeks now. It all started out great, i was getting 3-4mb now my profile for last several days has dropped to 700KB. For someone who enjoys youtube and online gaming this really sucks....
Can someone from PN help please? been on the phone but after 10 mins waiting for someone to answer i gave up.  Undecided
6 REPLIES 6
killingpingu
Dabbler

Re: Crippling speeds! from 3mb to 700KB!

I can't say my problem is as bad as yours but I've also noticed a speed drop from 5.5Mb to 3.5Mb in the past couple of weeks.... I called up yesterday and I was told to call again as soon as I had 72 hours without any dropouts. Never mind that I had had four days without any dropouts before that.
One and a half days to go before I can raise another ticket...
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Genksy,
Your profile seems to be back up to 5500k now. Is everything ok now?
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI killingpingu,
Your current sync rate of 5088k could be better but your SNR is 14dB, which will be keeping it down a bit. If you look at your connection logs below you'll see that the drops on wednesday probably caused the drop in profile. I'd be interested to know what your set up is like and whether you are using extension sockets/cables. The current sync rate will only give you a profile of 4000k so in order to get back to the 5500 you were getting you would need to troubleshoot your connection. Some tips on how to do that can be found here .

Jojo Smiley
Genksy

Sigh! back to 700KB!  Shocked Embarrassed
Thanks for the info jojo! can someone look into my speed issue please? I'm really struggling to game online.
Tony321
Dabbler

The only way to get help is via this link https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults/question
It will allow you to raise a fault.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Genksy,
your line has been quite intermittent but it's now back up to 5000k profile. If this continues to happen the follow the troubleshooting guide and raise a fault if necessary.
Your connection logs for the last 7 days...

Jojo Smiley