cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could some give my profile a kick please?

Moominfish
Grafter

Could some give my profile a kick please?

My Plusnet profile is 3500 kbps and I've just ran a BT speedtest and that said Assured Rate IP profile on your line is - 5500 Kbps
Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Could some give my profile a kick please?

Nobody from Plusnet is going to pick this up before Monday - you'd better ring support.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Moominfish
Grafter

Support couldn't help, they said because it's not been seen as a stable connection that even though B.T have upgraded the IP profile to 5500 kbps they couldn't (read as wouldn't) up the connection as they (Plusnet) wanted to wait until they see it as more stable before they'd up the profile which is fair enough I guess.
But to be honest if B.T have seen it as sufficiently stable to up the profile to 5500 kbps why can't Plusnet do it regardless?, I mean I did have a low sync speed which pushed my IP profile way down and I read in another post by you here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,85082.msg702689.html#msg702689 that sometimes the PN systems need a reconnect to recognise when it has gone back up so I did disconnect/reboot the router this morning and I'm now just waiting for the PN systems to recognise it's gone back up, I did read something you typed on another thread here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,85046.msg702351.html#msg702351 that it should take 12 hours to update itself but it hasn't done that here yet, I just find it weird how the Plusnet staff who come on the forums almost always manually update users profiles yet when I rang support they wouldn't do it.
On a side note the person who was spoken to did say if it appears to have stayed stable over the weekend that by Monday someone would probably be able to up the profile to match B.T's but he wouldn't do it now!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I think that the Assured Rate Profile isn't the IP profile but I haven't managed to get to the reason why that shows up as according to the last response from Plusnet it shouldn't
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84795.0.html
stiffnuts
Grafter

Quote from: Moominfish
Support couldn't help, they said because it's not been seen as a stable connection that even though B.T have upgraded the IP profile to 5500 kbps they couldn't (read as wouldn't) up the connection as they (Plusnet) wanted to wait until they see it as more stable before they'd up the profile which is fair enough I guess.
But to be honest if B.T have seen it as sufficiently stable to up the profile to 5500 kbps why can't Plusnet do it regardless?, I mean I did have a low sync speed which pushed my IP profile way down and I read in another post by you here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,85082.msg702689.html#msg702689 that sometimes the PN systems need a reconnect to recognise when it has gone back up so I did disconnect/reboot the router this morning and I'm now just waiting for the PN systems to recognise it's gone back up, I did read something you typed on another thread here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,85046.msg702351.html#msg702351 that it should take 12 hours to update itself but it hasn't done that here yet, I just find it weird how the Plusnet staff who come on the forums almost always manually update users profiles yet when I rang support they wouldn't do it.
On a side note the person who was spoken to did say if it appears to have stayed stable over the weekend that by Monday someone would probably be able to up the profile to match B.T's but he wouldn't do it now!

I have exactly the same issue. I also rang up to get my PN profile bumped up in line with BT. I have not had a proper working service since joining. I ordered my MAC on Tuesday and I am being messed about as I got a response about manual intervention (whatever that is?). Any how the connection improved today and BT IP profile went much higher so I thought I may not use the MAC if I got a decent response from PN staff on CS. No nothing they could do (I apparently had to wait 3 days for PN profile to cach up with BT bear in mind that I have been sync at 283kpbs for over a week) yet staff on here seem to do it all the time with ease.
I have had nothing but poor, unhelpful, and contradictory responses. The minute I get my MAC im off to sky llu. I will fight the £40 early termination charge all the way. I havent even told you the half of of it.
I have never had this sort of service form any other broadband provider. Disgusting!
What a shower of something.