cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coronavirus, 10GB limit and Skype (Not a good Mix)

wiperblade

Coronavirus, 10GB limit and Skype (Not a good Mix)

I am asking this question on behalf of my Dad who is 83 and currently in self isolation. Over the years he has been on the 10GB ADSL package which has served him well but with the coronavirus outbreak and the fact he has had to self isolate we installed skype on his computer and it works well. The problem is the 10GB monthly limit. On using it for only 1 day he has gone through 1GB of his allowance.

I have found out that Plusnet no longer offer a broadband only package as his phone is with another provider.

My options seem to be be at the moment is

1) Do away with skype.

2) Run it to 10GB (Don't know what happens when you hit the limit,is it throttled or do you have to pay extra)

3) Move provider

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Coronavirus, 10GB limit and Skype (Not a good Mix)

In an e-mail from Plusnet I received on Friday, they said

"We only sell unlimited broadband plans, so being online more is not a problem. You might have one of our older broadband plans with capped usage, but don’t worry you won’t get any additional data charges during this time. And we’ll let you know if this changes."

so based on that I think it should be OK to just keep using Skype. Might be worth checking that your father received the same e-mail.

wiperblade

Re: Coronavirus, 10GB limit and Skype (Not a good Mix)

Brilliant. That's the ideal answer i was looking for. At least now I can wait and see what is going to happen for a while.