Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued bad performance on PlusNet Pro

michaelm
Grafter

Re: Continued bad performance on PlusNet Pro

Matt,
I just did another BT Speed test and overnight my line profile has settled to 14000kbps. This is the best it has ever been! The modem is still attached to the normal master socket, not the test socket as i did not want to take the faceplate off the master socket.
Thanks
Michael
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well I certainly hope it stays there, though the fact that it's up and down so much is slightly worrying. See if it holds for a while I guess, let us know and I can do some more tests if we see more drops in speed.
michaelm
Grafter

Hi Matt
Let's hope it stabilises now.
Made a small mistake this morning - too early!
The BT Speedtester is still reporting a profile of 6000kbps but the downstream connection rate is reported as 16550kbps which matches the figure on my router.
Am I right in thinking that once this remains there for a few days then the profile will update itself?
Thanks
Michael
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I hope so - I've changed the profile on our side to match (14000 at the moment) but it would have updated most likely today anyway. You might need to disconnect/reconnect the router to see the new speeds though.
michaelm
Grafter

Thanks Matt
Will check it out later when I get home
May be a bit reluctant to unplug the router again though as the disconnections appear to have been the cause of the problem on the first place!
Cheers - will post back in a few days with some more solid results.
Thanks
Michael
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

You don't need to unplug the router, within the web interface there should be a connect / disconnect button.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'