cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual connection problems

AnnieD

Continual connection problems

Hi, I'm new here so please be gentle with me.
I've been with Madasafish for about 2 years now. All was great with my first Router, a D-Link. I set it up myself, and it worked fine from the first. But then it died and I got a Thomson as a replacement. I got it set up, and all the green lights on the box are on as tthey should be.
But right from the word go I have had problems connecting. It will be ok for 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or longer - random times, sometimes every couple of minutes it drops out. I get a 'page not found' error. If I click on the wireless icon, and 'repair' it goes through a sequence and restores my connection, which will then be fine until it drops out again. Quite often though, it stalls on 'renewing IP address' and it can take me up to half an hour to get a connection. I have raised a ticket with Madasafish Support, and they keep telling me weird things like 'change the wireless channel' which I did but it had no effect. Their latest suggestion was to change the wireless network name - to anything I choose.  Roll_eyes  Well, at that point I wondered if they really know what they are talking about?
Someone has said to me it might be a problem with the router itself - can anyone advise please? It's very frustrating, as it always seems to drop out when my husband needs to check on train services for the snow.