cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly dropping Broadband

JayCbee

Constantly dropping Broadband

Hello   I am currently on hold waiting for some assistance so thought I would post here whilst I wait.  For the last month my broadband has been dropping and reconnecting constantly at home.  We use NOW TV rather than SKY Satellite or freeview so this is proving a real pain with constant buffering whilst the BB comes back.  Can someone assist me please.

4 REPLIES 4
JayCbee

Re: Constantly dropping Broadband

call ref 136686959

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

Looking at your line we weren't seeing many disconnections:

However looking today it seems your router is trying to connect with an incorrect password, to update this:
- Open a web browser
- Go to 192.168.1.254
- Log in to the router if prompted (the username and password are printed on the router)
- Go to the broadband or connection settings
- Change the connection password to your password
- Click connect
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
JayCbee

Hello   I took advice from one of your technical team members yesterday who asked me to sign into my router and change the channel of the RF.  It was set to 6 and auto so I changed to manual and selected 11.  the router did not drop again last night so hopeful this resolved the issue.  Note I did get pretty rotten download speeds for a bit last night so I thought I was going to get buffering - I didn't - just got the 'looking through a plastic bag' effect!

Was going to monitor tonight.  I will check the password tonight and follow your instructions  thanks    will advise if any further improvements as a result of checking this

Many thanks  

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you're using wireless then trying the different channels is a good idea to try an identify one with the least interference, the best solution would be using an ethernet cable if possible.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.