cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant disconnections, broadband nearly unusable.

FIXED
Major_lag

Constant disconnections, broadband nearly unusable.

Over the past few weeks my broadband has been disconnecting a lot. It started with a few per day but is now up to around a dozen per hour, sometimes even more. It's been getting worse every day and has now got so bad it's basically useless. It's dropped twice in the time it's taken me to write this and 12 times in the last 90 minutes. There has also been intermittent noise on my phone line.

Can anyone help me out here?

3 REPLIES 3
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Constant disconnections, broadband nearly unusable.

Fix

Hi @Major_lag,

I'm sorry to hear you'be been having problems. I can see the connection's been dropping quite a bit recently and upon testing the connection it looks to have had a low SNR margin. I've put an ADSL line reset through for you to try and stabilise it for you. We should know if this has worked within the next couple of hours. If the connection continues to drop out we'll likely have to go down the full faults route and we'll give some testing if needed. At the moment please just ensure the router is left plugged in and powered up, be aware that over the course of a couple of hours you will still notice your connection dropping slightly but after this it should steady itself if the reset has worked. 

Major_lag

Whatever you did to the line appears to have sorted the issue. Several hours without a drop so far, not only that but it seems I've regained a few Mb of speed that went missing several years ago! Here's hoping it lasts.

I really can't thank you enough at the moment.

Cheers.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi there @Major_lag, that's really good to hear, let's hope it stays that way for you!

If you have any further issues, I'd advise running through the troubleshooting guides and connecting to your test socket for the time being. If the drop-outs then persist, if you raise a fault to us here and let us know once done, we'll pick it up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team