Constant Error - 'SERVICE INFORMATION'

Exsert
Grafter

Constant Error - 'SERVICE INFORMATION'

Please explain this in noob terms..
I get this BT Service error below everytime i try to visit a website. ><
----------------------------------------
SERVICE INFORMATION

You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your browser and Internet applications before attempting to reconnect.
The BTWholesale access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down.
Your service should be resumed soon.
Or
You are testing your local connection to BT using
'bt_test_user@startup_domain'
Or
You are testing your connection to your Service Provider using 'bt_test_user@domain' where domain is your Service Provider domain name.
Or
Your Service Provider is currently unable to accept your connection request please wait until service is restored or contact your Service Provider for further information.
Or
You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain.
----------------------------------------

Can you please tell me how i fix this?Huh
2 REPLIES 2
x47c
Grafter

Re: Constant Error - 'SERVICE INFORMATION'

Well as a guess I'd say your router has been set up to log into the BT test domain...not your plusnet one
How that has happened without someone actually doing it deliberately is anyone guess
It needs to be reset to login to your username/password at plusnet
(usually something like username@plusdsl.net)
Others will be along shortly to tell you how to do it, depending on what router you have
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Constant Error - 'SERVICE INFORMATION'

If you have a Thomson router supplied by Plusnet you could try resetting it to factory defaults as described in Section 10 of this help page.
[quote=http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/thomson-585-faqs-and-troubleshooting.shtml#factoryReset]
10. How do I do a factory reset on my router?
If you have any problems setting up your router, you can reset it and start again.
Use a paperclip, pen or pointed object to press into the reset pin hole on the back of the router. Keep the button pressed in for at least 7 seconds. When the power light goes red, release the button and wait until the power light turns green again.
From this point on, your router will be restored to 'Factory Settings' so you'll need to start again from the beginning of this guide.
It should then restart and set itself up automatically which takes about 15 minutes see Section 5 of this page.
Otherwise you could give the CSC a ring on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200. They should be able help you get connected again.
David