cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Connections Dropouts every 5-6 mins

stevenwhit
Dabbler

Constant Connections Dropouts every 5-6 mins

Since yesterday morning (26th March) I have been experiencing constant connection dropouts - this happens every 5-6 mins and the connection is lost for maybe 10-15 seconds or so - the router connection light stays green though..  This happens whether I am connected to the router (Netgear DG834G V2) with wireless or with ethernet cable.  I've tried restarting the router, changing the splitter, connecting directly to the master socket by taking face plate off, but as of this morning I am still having problems.  I noticed another user posted the same problem yesterday, but wanted to start a separate thread.

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Constant Connections Dropouts every 5-6 mins

Hi Steven, 

Tests on your line aren't showing any obvious issues but I can see the disconnections logged on our side so it would be a good idea to report a fault next. 

You can do that over at http://faults.plus.net feel free to drop me a reply back here when you have. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
stevenwhit
Dabbler

Thankyou, I have just complleted the fault test, when trying to reply here, I lost connection and the connection light on the router went out,  not sure if that may have been something to do with the testing though.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Duplicated post removed.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks, I've just added an update to your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=171307843 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
stevenwhit
Dabbler

Thankyou have contacted BT