cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Broadband Connection Dropouts

stevenwhit
Dabbler

Constant Broadband Connection Dropouts

Since early yesterday morning (15/7) I have had constant dropouts to my broadband connection - every 4-5 minutes that last 10 or so seconds, the connection light on the router doesn't go out (Netgear DG834Gv2) and it comes back automatically, but it is very frustrating.  I have tried the usual things - rebooting router etc, phone line seems ok, all exterior wiring and outlet were replaced last year by BT after a major fault on the exterior wiring.   But as of this morning 16/7 the problem is still there.

11 REPLIES 11
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Constant Broadband Connection Dropouts

stevenwhit
Dabbler

mmm do you mean these?  Had to google what you meant, this is what came up..  I have no idea what any of these mean though. Embarrassed

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

nothing obvious there - I suggest raising a dropping connection fault

https://faults.plus.net

but  I would suggest checking here first for the checks you should carry out https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

stevenwhit
Dabbler

thanks, I started that online fault reporting early this morning, but stopped at the testing with a new microfilter - I dont have a spare so will have to get one.  Disconnections seem worse right now too. hmm Angry

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Are you directly connected or via WiFi?

stevenwhit
Dabbler

Wifi - Netgear DG834Gv2 router

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Your attachment earlier showed you were connected for over 29 hours, so worth going through the WiFi help pages, 

Ideally download a WiFi analyser app and see what channels are least used and swap the router to one of those. 

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I didn't read it that way - you need to look at the WAN uptime which is 2 hr 48 mins

stevenwhit
Dabbler

I reset the router this morning and also tried connecting via ethernet - still constant dropouts every 5-6 minutes.   Anyone from plusnet that can look into this from here?  Have to send of for a new broadband filter to test that too as I dont have any spare..

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Your connection is fairly intermittent over the past week.

Our tests aren't identifying the cause of that.

I've sent you a new microfilter now, free of charge, so that you can continue with your troubleshooting. If the connection drops persist, I'd recommend completing the the broadband troubleshooter as that'll raise a fault with us.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stevenwhit
Dabbler

Many thanks, I started the online trouble shooter but stopped at the point where it asks to try a new microfilter, will continue with a new one.