cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering migrating - some questions

scootie
Grafter

Re: Considering migrating - some questions

Our engineers are looking at possible latency issues on your exchange (Asbodog) as well as continuing to work to fully optimise our network

first off thanks for the update. you might want to look into paul's exchange as well then http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80166.msg654143.html#msg654143
James
Grafter

Asbodog - You know where I stand with your current difficulties Smiley
scootie
Grafter

me thinks you took one look when i first reported the latency was back and thought where's the job pages  Grin
u will be missed, hope your replacment can cope with me as well as u have done the past 2 years  Smiley
Santiago
Grafter

Peter
I would like to be explicit about my issues
Both, and all - if you’re not experiencing the network performance you should be (current service status notwithstanding), then please do be explicit about your issues.  We can look to tweak our product design if it’s not delivering what it should.

Reading this it seems like you just realised there is a problem.
There have been many people complaining on here recently about poor network performance during the peak period. Youtube, I-Player and streaming have been mentioned a lot as being a problem. I have suffered from this and now I don't even bother trying to watch video streaming in the evening anymore. I called CS and they suggested running a wireshark capture. I did so and it was 00.80 but still just showing the rotating circle of joy. I believe many other customer will be doing the same, if they are still with plusnet.
I am also getting tired of hearing about 21cn and the various new developments that mean nothing to me. What about the customers who have a basic service from small, expensive and forgotten about exchanges who can't  even browse the BBC news features in the evening who are paying in excess of 20 pounds for the privilege.
Unless there is a significant improvement in the network performance from plusnet I will also be looking elsewhere.
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: Peter
Firstly, Thomas (Be3G), I’m pleased to hear that you’re staying with us. It must have been a good deal to tempt you away?  I’m very interested in hearing more about the offer you’d received and understanding in what ways we’re not meeting your needs.  I’d be happy to discuss either here or, if you’d rather, for you to contact me directly?

Thanks for your interest Peter – I'll PM you (or e-mail, if you prefer) when I've got the time put the info and my thoughts in writing. (Am currently a bit tied up with eBaying…)
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Does anyone have good/bad experiences with transferring from what Plusnet are pleased to call "Legacy" products?
I'm thinking of transferring from BBY3 to this Premier thing.
I'd like to keep my web space and free minutes AND be able to return to BBYW if it turns out to be a bad move.
I'm already on 21CN via the trial - so I wouldn't somebody to attempt to spend a few weeks fruitlessly failing to upgrade me.
Normally I could just ask James - except I can't anymore as he is abandoning ship! Smiley
Has anybody done this kind of thing successfully/painfully?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

James
Grafter

Hi Jeremy,
There shouldn't be any issue in doing any of that.
It would be fine keeping all of your existing services.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I know there shouldn't be any problems...
But even if the technical side was problem free, accounting might screw things up.
If you could hang around for a couple of months or so, I'm sure that all problems could be quickly resolved. Grin
But that's probably asking a bit much - I'll just wait a while to see if there are any howls of anguish from any transferees.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

pierre_pierre
Grafter

OldJim and I both went from BBYW1 to Value, no problems, but if I remember, you have to be specific on the ticket re you extras, they arnt transferred automaticaly