Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection speed dropped again!!

harps1h
Grafter

Connection speed dropped again!!

Good morning people
This morning I had my laugh out loud moment for the day. To begin with I had a lovely CS call from a techie yesterday to tell me that the profiling problem I have been have had been sorted out by their provider. (it was some sort of software issue on their end) and my profile had been sorted out and was back at 7150. To be honest it had been like this for around 10 and I thought that wasit sorted. Back to the call...the techie asked me to restart my router to allow them to run a test to verify the resolution which I did. He then phoned me back to tell me that it was grand and the problem was solved. I had a profile of 7150 and my connection speed was 6.72. Great! umm.....not really Cry This morning I ran a test and this is my lol moment
Download  Speed
1873 Kbps

0 Kbps 2000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1873 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps
So can anybody please take another look at this for me? and this when you have it resolved please don't tell me or anyone else..............Famus last words spring to mind  Crazy
2 REPLIES 2
CX
Grafter

Re: Connection speed dropped again!!

If you look at your router's logs, had it disconnected at any time during the night?
(I'm guessing 'no', given that the low profile is 2000 which seems to be common with so-called 'stuck' profiles)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Connection speed dropped again!!

Hi harps1h,
This is a very strange one. I can't understand why it keeps being reset to 2000. I would have suggested an SNR reset, but I see you've already had a few of them, resulting on only a temporary fix. I'll see if I can get one of the faults guys to own this in an attempt to conclude this issue once and for all.
Jojo Smiley