Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection randomly dropping

jow
Dabbler

Connection randomly dropping

Hi guys,
A couple of months ago I raised a ticket regarding my connection dropping (Question #41514427), which in the end got sorted by a visit from a BT engineer who replaced the line in the house and the test socket. I then had 3-4 weeks of a great connection and no drops, SNR was 5-6, and download speed of 7mb+. this was great as I was only getting a speed of around 3.7-4mb before.
Now it looks like the connection drops have returned, for the passed 2 weeks or so the connection has dropped pretty much every day which now has pushed the SNR up to 16-17 and a download speed of 4.4mb.
I've changed nothing regarding the setup, router is connected to the test socket and I have no extension sockets.
Any help woud be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Justin
6 REPLIES 6
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Connection randomly dropping

Hi Justin,
Best thing I can suggest is to try a new filter, an alternative router if possible or even the cable that runs between the router and filter. This way at least we can rule out other possibilities. Once you have tried this and that doesn't help then I would raise a fault.
Jojo Smiley
jow
Dabbler

Hi Jojo,
Thanks for the reply, yep I've already tried a different router, cable and filters. I've a raised a fault, Question #43106978 if it's of any help...
Regards
Justin
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi jow,
Forgive me for asking this but when you say the test socket, you do mean the one behind the faceplate of the master socket?
Jojo Smiley
jow
Dabbler

Jo,
Sorry, its connected to the main socket and not the test socket under the plate.
Regards
Justin
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi jow,
Can you connect it to the test socket then and I'll take a look.
Jojo Smiley
jow
Dabbler

Jo,
Apparently the problem has been resolved, I've had no drops over the last 2 days so fingers crossed!!
Regards
Justin