cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems with fibre

ISanych

Connection problems with fibre

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
We noticed a lot of traffic on the network last night which we suspect was related to the IOS5 update. We're just wondering if anyone noticed a marked drop in connection speed or higher than usual latency?

Maybe just a coincidence, but I'm having connection issues since Friday morning. PPPoE connection dropped very often and could reconnect only after couple of minutes. Thankfully 3G connection is very good in 5am so I've watched Formula1 using internet from phone and it seems that I will have to do it again tomorrow morning. I've rebooted OpenReach modem and flashed new firmware into router. Still no luck. Will bring up PPPoE on NAS tomorrow (it has 2 LAN ports) and test without router - but it doesn't look like router issues for me.
jim:green title changed and post split off to it's own thread mod:end
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Slow speeds last night anyone?

That sounds more like a line issue, though could be interference from something plugged into your phone line. Does it still happen with the router plugged into the master socket and everything else removed from the line?
ISanych

Re: Connection problems with fibre

I haven't seen any issues since Sunday morning, so I haven't did anything - problem has gone.
Update: I was wrong - just lost connection again.