Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems still.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Connection problems still.

They're fine Annie, the other two you could use are 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50 (you tend to get automatically assigned the closest servers to the broadband gateway you're connected to anyway irrespective of the IP addresses you're assigned/choose to use).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

A quick update: I updated the firmware last night and so far, have had no further problems. Hopefully, this has sorted it but I'll keep monitoring it until I dismantle my computer later today.
Annie
James
Grafter

That's good to hear Annie.
Let us know how you get on Smiley
Annie
Rising Star

Will do James.
Can I just ask one last thing? BT still have not issued me with the renumber although they tell me Openreach have assigned it. It's had to go through twice so I'm still not holding my breath. There is a phone line connected at the new property but with a different number than the one I've requested although BT assure me it will be renumbered by midnight tonight. Do I need to keep the phone line connected at my old property where my broadband is currently until the broadband is able to be moved? Am I right in thinking if I don't keep the phone line active, I will have to pay £60 to get it all up and running again. Is there any way this can happen sooner than the 7 days it normally takes to transfer the broadband?
Annie
James
Grafter

Hi Annie,
It would make sense to initiate a house move request now.
That way we'll be able to start the ball rolling for the reprovisioning of your broadband at your new address.  There's a chance that the broadband will be turned on sooner, but I'm afraid that we will have no way of speeding up the process.
Annie
Rising Star

I have just tested my new number and it is now working.
On the 'Move my Broadband' page I have the option to choose when to cancel the old connection and I'm not certain what to put. My move is tomorrow but if I say cancel on the 5th and start on the 11th (the earliest it lets me) will I incur a £60 fee.
Also, if I am going to cancel on the 5th, then does this mean I can have the phone disconnected at my old property? No-one will be living here for a while so it's not the end of the world but just costs more in line rental.
Annie
James
Grafter

Hi Annie,
As things stand, you would incur a £60 regardless of when you moved, because you've already had a free house move.  However, on account of how long you've been a customer of ours, if you're happy to stick with us for another year, I can chuck in a free house move.
You'll be fine to arrange to have your phone line disconnected for when you're moving out.
Annie
Rising Star

Hi James. Yes, I've always been happy with Plusnet and intend to stay so if I could have a free house move that would be great. In fact the reason for moving is to go back home as my husband has lost his job and the house came with it so every penny helps at the minute. Do I need to make mention of this anywhere or will just choosing that option in the wizard be enough?
Many thanks.
Annie