cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection next week, confused about timing

canman

Connection next week, confused about timing

Hi,
I've got my appointment for the Openreach engineer next Wednesday 10th between 1pm-6pm. I've had an e mail saying my connection will on from midnight 11th. It also says not to connect my router until I'm informed. Is this correct, I thought there would be no loss of internet between changeover (obviously other than the engineer whilst he's working).
Can anyone confirm this for me, thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Connection next week, confused about timing

Hi there,
To clarify all fibre accounts should become active on the morning of the install so you should be able to connect as soon as the engineer has finished their work.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
canman

OK, thanks for your reply, does that mean the emails are not correct?
thomasjc1
Grafter

What plusnet told me was have to allow upto 12 midnight the day after installation for it to be working but in most cases including mine its up and running straight away
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

It means the email is a generic one that's intended to cover ADSL and fibre orders, however I can fully understand the confusion. I've already raised problem 73685 to make some changes.

Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team