cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection keeps dropping

hrsnyh
Hooked

Connection keeps dropping

As the title says, connection keeps dropping to the point where I am struggling to stream video and play online games. Multiple restarts of PC/Router/Modem have not fixed the problem. It started occurring about a week ago and is progressively getting worse over the last day or 2. Was wondering if anyone is able to look at my line/connection and tell me if I can fix anything, thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Connection keeps dropping

Follow link below to start fault process; posting router stats would also be useful.
Are all your connections wireless?
If so change router channel.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

Sorry that you're having problems with your connection. I've checked the connection logs and we're not seeing many disconnections:

As @Gel asls, are you on a wireless connection and if so do you experience the same connection drops on a wired connection?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
hrsnyh
Hooked

Hi there, just done the BT Speed test and my speeds are lower than usual. Usually I get around 25-28mb down but now I am getting 15-18. Also the upload speed is 0.40 which is a bit strange as we normally get around 2-2.5 upload speed. Worth mentioning I have been experiencing these problems on a wired connection

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear of the problems you're having.

My tests are showing whilst your downstream speed is on target, your upstream is considerably below the estimated speed of between 5.5 Mb/s and 7.3 Mb/s.

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 22.2 Mbps
Upstream Speed 0.6 Mbps

If you haven't already, I'd advise going through the checks here and if you are still having problems then raise a fault here.

Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hrsnyh
Hooked

Not sure what my speeds are as it is now taking me about 5 minutes to load each web page... Can't raise a fault because the connection times out when I try and sign in to the members centre.. 

Is there any way you can raise a fault for me as I am unable to do so at this moment.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I can raise a fault for you, but ideally we need you to run through a few checks first before we send an engineer as it will be an appointment so there may be charges if the fault lies with your internal wiring or equipment.

I'd advise plugging your router into the test socket, which is found behind the faceplate of the master socket.

This should bypass your internal wiring.

Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hrsnyh
Hooked

Connection seems stable at the minute so I'll leave it as it is for the time being, but if the problem reoccurs then I'll test the master socket, thanks for the assistance