cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues.

sturose
Grafter

Re: Connection issues.

Hi, thanks for the reply. The last disconnection at 22.56 on friday was initiated by me while troubleshooting a wireless connection so it is definitely more stable since installing the BT router.
If that's all you supply then it will have to do for now until I can buy a decent router myself. I do need a router that I have a bit more control over even if it isn't as simple as just logging into the user interface which it ought to be.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Connection issues.

theres several good ones the billion 7800/7800n get my vote but you could probably get anything that's listed as so-ho that will give you the "advanced access " your after, just remember whatever you get your probably going to need ot set it up as a slave on your current connection and mess about updateing firmware and so on before swapping it into the main router spot, billion have excellent forums with tutorials on some of the setup details and how they work, they also have some serious fans that run all kinds of testing to see what there gear can handle (the 7800/7800n can achieve a throughput of 96 down/39 up, the newer dlx models can get up to 130 down/60 up but trade off the number of devices they can handle)
your best bet though whatever model you plump for is to trawl a few good tech sights and watch over the next week or two to see what prices they offer (very often routers will plummet in price for a few hours as shops try to stock clear for new junk they need in the warehouse) also i'd go with a higher end router rather than a lower end one as its more likely to be future proof in terms of compatibility upgrades (new firmware) and proper explanations on what its for,
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you