cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection gone? redirected to BT Wholesale page !!!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Connection gone? redirected to BT Wholesale page !!!

ashrafmiah93,
It sounds like you're being prompted to log in to your router. The details needed for that are "admin" as the username and the password is the serial number for the router, that can normally be found on a sticker on the under side of the device.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

I've tried that but it still doesn't let me log in. It asks me to login for area dsldevice.lan.80
optimus
Grafter

Can I make a suggestion to Plusnet staff? If there are going to be any schedule maintenance that could affect the connectivity of a number of users could this information be sent out in a weekly email or something? Probably a lot of people like myself don't frequent the service status page and are so not aware of things like this and obviously once the internet is down there isn't a way for a lot of people to find out where the fault lies. I called the service status phone line only to get the 'everything is fine' recording and so spent a hour rebooting my router and trying to track down the issue from my end.
If I'd had email notification I could have put 2 and 2 together and this would also probably have cut down any angry calls to your customer service line...
Just my $0.02  Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I did frequent the Status page, but unfortunately it doesnt have a time on it just the Date
below is the page offered
Method0ne
Grafter

I know it's not much, but there *was* a voice message played at the point after you phone to report a broadband fault and before you got through to a service rep, that said, if that was on a timer and set to de-activate at the time the work was supposed to be completed, I can see where the confusion kicks in.
I do agree though, optimus, at the very least 24hrs notice would be nice, even if the work is supposed to happen at a time when not many people are actively using their connection.
(Note: I don't class scheduled downloads as "actively using" here as they can always complete at another time)
hamilton36
Grafter

Same problem here at 01.30 to 02.00hrs this morning.  You would think that there was not much traffic in the dead of night, so it was not an overload.  It would be so much nicer if we did not have to learn about it from the caring BT!
Alex
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Anyone still able to connect? My green light is lit up on broadband but hasn't lit up on the internet when I try to brouse it asks me to login for area dsldevice.lan.80 I login using the router login admin then pass but that doesn't let me login. It asks me to login as a priviledged user/second user
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

I lost connection around 00:30 am while I was trying to reply here in the forums.  Huh
Login ok this morning at around 11:30 am.
CHAP authentication errors most of the time but a few times got strange IP address and gateway IP.
That's RPM to you!!
Method0ne
Grafter

That strange IP/Gateway was probably BT's system, if there's an access issue between you and your isp, it can sometimes pop up as a warning that something has gone amiss.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Method0ne
That strange IP/Gateway was probably BT's system.

Yeah, I figured as much but while connected with that I didn't get redirected at all to BTw page. Oh wait, I think I still had OpenDNS nameservers selected, that would probably stop any redirecting by BTw (because OpenDNS servers are unreachable in that situation).
That's RPM to you!!
Method0ne
Grafter

Quite possibly the case.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If there are going to be any schedule maintenance that could affect the connectivity of a number of users could this information be sent out in a weekly email or something?

An email send to the customer base it actually quite a time consuming affair. There is a way to get the service status updates emailed to you though: http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

2:28pm still no connection what is going on? I restarted the router several times and have done everything above I've written can a staff help me out
Paulge

I've had no connection since the early hours of today. The internet light on the router is off.
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Have you tried logging in your router settings page? I.e 192.168.1.254 being a url then login and under broadband connections click connect. My one however says authentication failed