cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection gone? redirected to BT Wholesale page !!!

ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Connection gone? redirected to BT Wholesale page !!!

So I can't access the internet or play on the ps3 online and when I try to browse it directs me to the BT whoelesale page telling me. :
You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your browser and Internet applications before attempting to reconnect.
The BTWholesale access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down.
Your service should be resumed soon.
Or
You are testing your local connection to BT using
'bt_test_user@startup_domain'
Or
You are testing your connection to your Service Provider using 'bt_test_user@domain' where domain is your Service Provider domain name.
Or
Your Service Provider is currently unable to accept your connection request please wait until service is restored or contact your Service Provider for further information.
Or
You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain.
39 REPLIES 39
GJenkins
Grafter

Re: Connection gone? redirected to BT Wholesale page !!!

5AM Right now just had this problem as I rebooted my router. Rebooted again and all I get is a blank page, my messengers and curse client won't connect. Had problems with sites like Google etc all evening, but now there's no connection at all..... Using my phone to type this lol
Silverlink17

Same problems and message and problems with google late last night
Method0ne
Grafter

If you check the service status page, it mentions maintenance work being carried out between midnight last night and 7am this morning, with the possibility that some users may have connection issues during this time.
I, like you, have been offline all night, and since it's nearly 8am now, i would have thought that my connection would be back online, as of this typing, it is still down, my router sees the adsl link as being available yet it refuses to connect.
Looks like it's a matter of hurry up and wait, i'm afraid..
optimus
Grafter

Was getting this myself but now back to normal where I am (London).  Roll_eyes
pittdj
Grafter

0750. Nothing doing here either. I know edge routers were being moved overnight which was scheduled until 0700, I guess that may be overrunning. I have tried rebooting the FTTC modem with the mains plug which seems the only option. (As ever the standby Orange 3g dongle is very nearly as comatose as PlusNet.)  
Method0ne
Grafter

Thankfully for us, we have options such as mobile internet access etc, not everyone has this, if i hadn't checked the service status page using my phone when my connection dropped i wouldn't have known anything about it, and i think it's quite likely that a lot of people don't have the foggiest as to what's going on.
Whatever the case may be, is there any chance someone from plusnet can look into this and at least give us a timeframe as to when we might expect to be able to get back online?
pittdj
Grafter

0805. Slight signs of life, I can now see the BT Wholesale homepage.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's more than likely going to be caused by the planned maintenance overnight which was posted to our service status feed: http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1323867880.htm
Unfortunately the work is over-running and I'm just about to put out a service status about it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Method0ne
Grafter

Thanks for the update Chris, it's times like this i really feel for you guys, i'd imagine the customer support phones are probably going to be a bit swamped this morning Wink
pittdj
Grafter

0835. Service restored.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yep, just getting notification that it's all completed and connections should be coming back online.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Method0ne
Grafter

So much better typing from a proper keyboard, thanks for the updates Chris, everything seems to be working fine here Smiley
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

I had been cut off around 2am last night I woke up now to find it still not connected. Hopefully it will be back on soon. Isit just a regional maintenance or isit it the whole network?
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

"No Broadband Found.
Your internet is currently disconnected.
Before you can connect, you have to login as a more priviledged user. " Login as second user"
What does that mean? I tried login using my admin password but nothing :S