cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection drops frequently... REIN?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Connection drops frequently... REIN?

Couldn't see anything of any interest/relevance in that log apart from the fact that your IP address has changed which is why I couldn't get the webserver, but got that sorted now.
It's a limited size log, so if there are lots of events as in that log, earlier ones get deleted. There's a lot of entries in there related to the web server. You should be able to just paste the text into a post. If there's too many characters for one post, split it over several posts.
RS seems to have gone wotsit up again, and in view of the fact that the log is full of entries connected with the webserver, I wonder if it might be best to turn it off, I don't think it's serving a useful purpose at the moment. If one of us just happen to be looking at it when something changed, well that would be by chance. If the relevant graphs are being captured, then they will show anything of interest. Which leads me to say could you look at the Rx & Tx SNRM graphs for last night around 0400 just in case they show anything.
Anotherone
Champion

I see those tones haven't been knocked out so far, looking at the Bits/Tone on the webserver, as RS is running atm Wink
Timmymac
Grafter

Yes, looks ok at the moment.  With regards to that 4am reconnect, I'm afraid I mucked up the setup for RS.  I couldn't see conceptually how I could have date-stamped filenames that were referenced by the html for the webserver, so I just set a single file name. I've got some work to do this evening (life of a teacher, eh!) but will look at reconfiguring that before any thoughts of phone extension reattachment.

Cheers,
Tim
Anotherone
Champion

That would be best, and then one is comparing like with like, and if it improves it a bit more all well and good. Then attach the extension and hope it stays as good.
pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Timmymac
I haven't tried that test but I will at the next opportunity.
I have another phone socket but I'm using the one where the line comes in to the house. It's marked 'MS' anyway!

Sure that isn't 'MK'?
cedlor
Grafter

Quote from: pvmb
Sure that isn't 'MK'?

Already asked and answered - there is a picture in an early post.
Timmymac
Grafter

Busy busy.. Will have a look at those RS settings today. Looking increasingly like I'll learn to love this router though. Never been so stable!
I saved this one in case you missed the small variations this morning.
Anotherone
Champion

Thanks for that, I've been rather busy too, so I haven't looked lately, could just be due to normal atmospherics as a result of the various weather systems that are lurking.
You gotta love the TG582n, it'll love you back  Tongue Grin Seriously, with the later firmware (which I guess you haven't done yet?) having a broadcom chipset, the ADSL side is pretty good. One user on quite a long line (but it seems of pretty reasonable quality) had his connection for a continuous period of over a year Cool 
For a cheap modem/router. the Router side isn't too bad, a bit of a pig to configure certain custom requirements, but there are certainly a lot worse routers, modems and modem/routers around.