cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping

Esme185
Dabbler

Connection dropping

I've been with plusnet for around 2 weeks, and my internet hasn't stayed on longer than 10 minutes at a time. I have done all the necessary checks with yous, still no change. I have even bought a brand new router filter and cable and it's still not connecting, I was with fuel broadband previously and I had no problems at all. I've been complaining now for 2 weeks solid and nothing is coming back to me, just check this and check that which I've told them I've already done. Getting tired now, and if it's not fixed within the week I'm just gonna cancel everything and move on. Don't see why I have to pay for a service I can't use. 

7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Connection dropping

Sorry that you're having issues with your connection. I've picked up and responded to the fault ticket on your account.

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 21.8 39.5
SNR Margin: 8.0 2.8
Errored Seconds: 0 1
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 1525234 28340478
Speed: 320 917

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 2848 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 2278
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 8 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 15
Indicative Line Quality: R Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 3
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Esme185
Dabbler

Sorry but I have no idea what all this means lol
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

It indicates your connection is dropping heavily, generating a lot of errors and causing very slow speeds.

I can see Chris reported the fault through to our suppliers. They've since come back to us advising to arrange an engineer appointment to further investigate this.

I've updated your fault ticket, let us know once you've replied and we'll get the engineer booked in for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Esme185
Dabbler

Sorry Gandalf, but I will not accept the charge for an engineer vist. I think its an absolute disgrace plusnet want to charge me for a service that's never worked since day 1.

Esme185
Dabbler

Also I'd just like to add, the connection is staying on a lot longer now. Just with very low speeds.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately without agreement to the potential charge (it's only charged if the fault is caused by your wiring, setup, damage to the network or if you miss the appointment or if no fault is present) we wouldn't be able to book an engineer for you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
veronicap

I can confirm the 45 min wait!  My connection drops out several times a week and only comes back after we reset it.  This has only happened since I bought the 'new super' router a few months ago Only £6.79 but thinking of connecting the old one again.  Looked on here for help but will have to raise it.