cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping out 3 to 4 times a day?

Tony15

Connection dropping out 3 to 4 times a day?

Ever since I have had Plusnet my connection regularly drops 3 to 4 times a day most annoying when it happens in the evening when I'm streaming, I have had a new router supplied however the connection issues remain.

6 REPLIES 6
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Connection dropping out 3 to 4 times a day?

Are you streaming via wifi or a wired connection?

What happens to the lights on the router when the connection drops?

Tony15

Always a wireless connection.

The router starts flashing orange then after a bit the broadband symbol comes on then back to flashing orange before finally turning blue the whole process takes about 5-10 mins.

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Sounds like something is causing your connection to drop - you need to go through the testing procedure and possibly raise a fault ticket for further investigation.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Tony15,

I've had a look at your connection and it has been dropping but it looks like a change to your service completed on the 2nd January, this is the connection log since this order completed:

The drop at 2pm was the change over to Fibre. The drop at 9pm on 2nd I can't explain, but the drop this morning was a exchange profile update. 

Everything else on the testing passes fine. Prior to the change the connection dropped, as you noted, at least 3 times an evening:

I'm just wondering if since the change to Fibre has there been a noticed difference in the connection?

notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

That RADIUS log sure looks interesting.  Looks like something else is going on.  It stops dropping about 7AM and starts again at 5PM.

Are you at work between these time OP?  Have your heating on a timer at these times?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@notmyname thats a good shout - @Tony15 do you have anything which is in use during the times which the drops are shown above, but not during the main body of the day? 

This has the hallmark of a REIN issue from initial viewing...in these cases it is best practice to see if we can work with you to isolate the cause of the issue as REIN cases can sometimes be extremely difficult to track down.

Thanks,

MoR