cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping almost daily

simoncozens

Connection dropping almost daily

I'm seeing slow broadband speeds and the router is reporting that the DSL connection is dropping very frequently at the moment. Don't know if it's related but recently we were moved to 21CN and things seem worse now.
Slightly annoyed about the 21CN move, too; the initial mail out I got said "we have upgraded you to ADSL2 for potentially faster speeds." Lovely, I thought, and then when I chased it up was told "Although your line has been moved over to our 21CN platform, it's been moved over on ADSL1." Gee, thanks.
1 REPLY 1
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Connection dropping almost daily

The order to move you was placed on the 16th December, have you been getting the disconnections for that long? I'm not sure that's the cause. Either way, if the drops still happen with the router in the master socket and everything else removed from the line then it's definitely a line fault (might be worth testing a different router as well just to prove that's not causing the issue).
If it's definitely still apparent with the above tested then raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net and we'll get onto it for you.