cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection down!!!

Shinying

Connection down!!!

I've recently moved into my new flat and registered with Plusnet. I received my router about two weeks ago, and I've also received the text saying my broadband has started working.
In the beginning the router seems fine, the broadband and internet lights are all showing green, but when I check my internet connectivity on the IP address, it shows that there's no internet connectivity because of the ipv4 gateway. I realized that the DNS address on my router configuration is different from the one provided in my plusnet account. I changed it, but it still didn't work. It also shows that my timeline status is down.
I tried every guide shown online but non of them worked. I also called the plusnet helpline, the staff mentioned that he will give me a feedback within 24hours, but now after 3 days I've received no updates.
The broadband and internet light went of since yesterday, and now after plusnet started  charging me for one week I'm still not been able to use the internet.
Im looking forward to get some respond from the plusnet help team here.
Regards
6 REPLIES 6
Shinying

Re: Connection down!!!

Previously when the broadband and internet lighted on the router were still on, I realized that the uptime of my internet won't exceed 10 minutes. The internet light turned red every 10 minutes. I hope this information will clarify my problem.
Razorback
Grafter

Given that Plusnet staff infrequent the forums at weekends it may be a good idea to raise a ticket or brave the support lines if you have not done so already.
Shinying

I've already raised a ticket a few days ago, and I tried to  call the support line during their operating hours yesterday, but no one picked up my call.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you done a disconnect/connect?
If you have already tried that could you post the IPv4 Address shown by your router please (hide the last part).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Shinying

Jelv:
I can't get the DNS address now as the DSL has went down. I can roughly remember that the primary DNS address starts with 62, and the secondary was left blank.
oldbaldeagle
Grafter

Hi
Do you have access to another router?  If you do it might be worth giving it a try.  I had issues with 2 Plusnet routers & went back to the one from my previous provider since when I have had a satisfactory connection.
Jon