cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection & Speed Issues- Help please??

TheodoreMateo

Connection & Speed Issues- Help please??

Hi

My elderly parents are not very internet savvy, and currently isolating. They have had broadband with PN for several years. Recently have tried having video chats etc, with very choppy video and lag, and disconnects, as well as poor VOD etc. I have checked with them about resetting the router, swapping filters and restarting devices- 1 ipad, 1 mobile and 1 smart TV- still no improvement. Having done a BT speedtest is would appear there is an issue with the speed (profile) of the connection- I am not sure if you would take a DM from myself (also a PN user) with details (I am aware of any details that you may need to verify), or just a username and telephone number and check/adjust the line on their behalf. Not asking for any extra detail, just to check the line and adjust if possible?

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Connection & Speed Issues- Help please??

Welcome to the forum @TheodoreMateo 

I am not staff (obviously 😉 ) but as they are a bit thin on the ground at the moment, some of us are trying to help where possible.

I assume your parents are on ADSL? I appreciate this may be asking a lot, but as I don't have any way of seeing what a PN staff member could, a couple of questions (1) Are you able to give an idea of their connection speed? (2) Has the phoneline been checked for noise?

John
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @TheodoreMateo

I'm sorry your parents are having some trouble with video-chatting, are they noticing this over WiFi or a wired connection? As @jab1 has asked, please confirm the speeds your parents are seeing from their side. Feel free to drop your parents account username over PM so we can check from this side. 

Make sure to give us a nudge on this thread once you've done so and we can take it from there. 

Thanks. 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Thanks @Mads . I'll leave this in your capable hands.😉

John