cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Dropping

susanhalliday6
Hooked

Connection Dropping

Hi, Can someone look at me Speed SNR Seems low and connection dropping and losing packets. See below info. I just restarted the router and has been connected for an hour.

Upstream Downstream

Current Rate (kbps)125921539
Max Rate (kbps)125921632
SNR Margin (dB)7.13.2
Line Attenuation (dB)11.118
Errors (pkts)820

9 REPLIES 9
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Connection Dropping

@susanhalliday6  Welcome to the forum.

You look to be living very close to your local telephone exchange.

It is quite normal for the SNR to be as low as 3dB. However I understand that Plusnet can force a different SNR on ADSL lines if it is giving problems. How often is your connection dropping?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

susanhalliday6
Hooked

Thanks for the reply, I've no idea where my exchange is to be truthful and when its on its very fast for ADSL I regularly get between 16-18Mps. The drops are not constant but sometimes 2-3 times a day which can be anytime but some days not sure if its me but seems worse in the mornings. Someone told me to check SNR and dropped packets and get my ISP to check.

Thanks for help, Susan.

jeanandken609
Hooked

Baldrick,

I have very similar problems to Susan and support do occasionally look at the problem; eight days ago I was asked to 'reply to this email' with days when BT could come, but the support email address given does not (nowadays) allow incoming messages.  I gave up after forty minutes wasted on the jelllyphone and I can see no other way to rattle their cage; IS there one?

Ken Bowker

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@jeanandken609 If you have a support ticket raised, it should be visible in your account. Log in there and on the 'Manage Account' tab, click on the 'Help Assistant' - this should bring up any open tickets, where you can fill in the requested information.

John
susanhalliday6
Hooked

Will do thanks, it's just dropped again there. The speed is really good it's just unstable. I phoned a few days ago and they did something at their end but it hasn't helped. Would raising SNR make it more stable?

susanhalliday6
Hooked

No open tickets and online chat is down, customer service stopped at 6pm unfortunately although I tried phoning earlier and automated response saying try later so presume this was down also. I have sent a message on Twitter @plusnethelp and see what happens with this. I'm prepared to lose a little speed if it makes it more stable. The wiring inside has all been checked and is supposedly okay however I don't mind if it's found to be and I'm charged as I'd rather know what's going on or its get fixed as I'm working from home. Thanks for all help.

susanhalliday6
Hooked

Sorry just realised this wasn't a reply to me. Lol.

jeanandken609
Hooked

Thanks, John,

The ticket has been raised since August 2nd and we've corresponded - but lately I get no reply. Ten days ago I was asked by email for dates for a BT visit but replying to that email, as I was asked to, didn't work (it doesn't accept incoming) - so I left another note on the support thread ... no response at all.  I used to have respect for Plusnet but they're losing it at the moment. It's nearly time for the CEO to get an earful from me.

Ken

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

I thought you might know the system, Ken - those emails are misleading, if you read them at face value. I ignore them, and reply on the ticket, but fortunately haven't needed PN support for a while, so wasn't aware of the poor response to tickets. Not surprised though - i get the feeling that instructions from on high have been issued to kill the Plusnet brand, or that is the impression I get from the total lack of CS support on the forum, and the apparent failure to support those who persevere and call in.

John